Chapter 8

As the days counted down to their eagerly anticipated engagement, the longing between Arjun and Mithra grew with each passing moment. With just seven days left, the ache of separation weighed heavily on their hearts, leaving them yearning for each other's presence.

In the quiet moments of the morning, Mithra found herself consumed by thoughts of Arjun. She reached for her phone, hoping to find a message or call from him, a small gesture to alleviate the ache of their separation. But to her disappointment, there were no new messages waiting for her.

A heavy sigh escaped her lips as she set her phone aside, feeling a wave of sadness wash over her. The emptiness of Arjun's absence felt more pronounced than ever, and Mithra couldn't shake off the feeling of longing that tugged at her heartstrings.

Throughout the day, Mithra's thoughts remained tethered to Arjun, her mind wandering to the moments they shared and the love they nurtured together. Despite the busyness of her schedule, his absence cast a shadow over her day, leaving her feeling incomplete without him by her side.

Meanwhile, in Ooty, Arjun's heart echoed Mithra's longing as he went about his daily routine. The distance between them felt unbearable, and he found himself counting down the moments until they could be reunited once more.

With just two days left until his family's arrival in Chennai for the engagement and wedding shopping, Arjun's anticipation only intensified. The thought of being able to see Mithra again filled him with a sense of warmth and joy, easing the ache of their separation even if only temporarily.

Despite her inner turmoil, Mithra summoned the strength to attend her dance class, though her mind was clouded with thoughts of Arjun. As she stepped into the studio, she felt a sense of emptiness, a longing for his reassuring presence beside her.

With a sigh, Mithra switched on her playlist on Spotify, the familiar strains of "Yaarum Illa thani arangil" from the movie Kaaviyathalaivan filling the room. The haunting melody seemed to echo her own emotions, resonating with the ache of separation she felt from Arjun.

யாருமில்லா தனி அரங்கில்

ஒரு குரல் போலே நீ எனக்குள்ளே

எங்கோ இருந்து நீ என்னை இசைக்கிறாய்

இப்படிக்கு உன் இதயம்

என்ன சொல்வேன் இதயத்திடம்

உன்னை தினமும் தேடும்

என் பேச்சைக் கேட்காமல்

உன்னை தேடும்

யாருமில்லா தனி அரங்கில்

ஒரு குரல் போலே நீ எனக்குள்ளே

எங்கோ இருந்து நீ என்னை இசைக்கிறாய்

இப்படிக்கு உன் இதயம்

இசையால் ஒரு உலகம்

அதில் நீ நான் மட்டும் இருப்போம்

கனவால் ஒரு இல்லம்

அதில் நாம் தான் என்றும் நிஜமாய்

அது ஒரு ஏகாந்த காலம்