Chapter 3

Two days had passed since their heartfelt conversation in the coffee shop, and the anticipation hung heavy in the air as Mithra called Arjun to meet her at a secluded open space. Arjun's heart raced with a mixture of excitement and uncertainty as he made his way to the designated location, his mind awash with possibilities.

As he arrived, Arjun's breath caught in his throat at the sight before him. The open space was transformed into a magical wonderland, adorned with twinkling fairy lights and fragrant blooms, creating an ethereal ambiance under the starry night sky. He stood there in awe, a smile tugging at the corners of his lips as he realized what was about to unfold.

Before he could fully process the scene before him, Mithra emerged from the shadows, her eyes sparkling with excitement. Arjun's heart skipped a beat at the sight of her, her beauty illuminated by the soft glow of the fairy lights.

With a determined step, Mithra approached Arjun, her heart pounding with excitement. "Arjun, there's something I want to tell you," she began, her voice tinged with nervousness.

Arjun's eyes widened in surprise, his curiosity piqued. "What is it, Mithra?" he asked, his voice filled with anticipation.

Taking a deep breath, Mithra gathered her courage and spoke from the depths of her heart. "Arjun, these past few days have been filled with uncertainty and introspection. But amidst all the chaos, one thing has become clear to me – I want to spend the rest of my life with you," she confessed, her eyes shining with emotion.

Arjun's heart skipped a beat at her words, his eyes widening in disbelief. "Mithra, are you saying what I think you're saying?" he asked, his voice barely above a whisper.

Mithra nodded, a radiant smile lighting up her face. "Yes, Arjun. I'm saying yes to marrying you," she declared, her voice filled with conviction.

Arjun's heart soared with joy as he realized the magnitude of Mithra's words. Without hesitation, he reached out to take her hand in his, his eyes reflecting the depth of his love and gratitude. "Mithra, you've made me the happiest man in the world," he whispered, his voice filled with emotion.

And in that moment, amidst the warm embrace in the cold climate, Mithra surprised Arjun once again by reaching into her bag and pulling out a small velvet box. With trembling hands, she opened the box to reveal two exquisite rings nestled inside – one for him and one for her.

"Arjun, will you marry me?" Mithra asked, her voice filled with hope and love as she held out the ring to him.

Arjun's heart swelled with overwhelming emotion as he looked into Mithra's eyes, his heart bursting with love for the woman who had captured his heart. "Yes, Mithra. A thousand times yes," he replied, his voice choked with emotion as he took the ring from her trembling hands.

"Yes, Mithra, yes!" Arjun exclaimed, his voice ringing out into the night as he slipped the ring onto her finger, sealing their love with a promise of forever.

As they stood there, lost in the euphoria of the moment, the sound of applause filled the air, and Arjun turned to see their parents stepping out from the shadows, their faces illuminated by the soft glow of the fairy lights.

With tears of happiness streaming down their cheeks, the parents approached Arjun and Mithra, their hearts overflowing with love and pride. In a moment that would forever be etched in their memories, they exchanged rings, completing the engagement ceremony under the starlit sky.

And as they embraced each other amidst the twinkling lights and fragrant blooms, Arjun and Mithra knew that their love was a beacon of hope and happiness, guiding them towards a future filled with endless possibilities and boundless joy.