{Chapter 1} The hunt

It has been 7 years since werewolves took over the world. At first it was a small part but they rapidly took over everything thing. Slaughtering man,woman,old,young. All except children. I don't know why but I have to be grateful otherwise I wouldn't be alive right now.

"LUCAS!!!WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU? GET YOUR LAZY ASS IN HERE! NOW!" I hear my older sister shout."Coming..." I groaned as I got out of bed, already missing the comfort it brought me. I don't bother changing clothes and head over to the living room where I see my older brother and sister. My sister, Lucinda,Lucy for short,was standing with her hands on her hips while my brother,Lucifer was sitting on the sofa snickering. My sister was a very chill person so for her to get mad I must have done something stupid.

"Heyyyyyy" I start smiling,hoping to lessen her wrath. "Sooo what did I miss?" I ask. She groans in annoyance. "You idiot! Did you forget about the defence conference! Oh wait sorry let me rephrase that, You FORGOT about the defence conference! Now get your ass moving! You have got to be there!"

My eyes widden in suprise. She was right I had forgotten! How did I forget about something so important?!? The defence conference is held once in 3 months to make future plans about how to defend our safe haven from werewolves. I am one of the soldiers who is supposed to stand guard there as many werewolves try to break in.

"SHIT! I FORGOT!" I say as I move to the door and try to put my shoes on. It was 4:45,the meeting was going to start at 5. Since our apartment was close by to our main headquarters,if I ran I'd be there in 10 minutes.

"You dimwit" my older brother snickered. I glare at him before running out the door. If I end up being late, captain is going to kill me.

I reach the headquarters at 4:55. I see Aiden, my best bud at the gate. "Lucas! Thank god you came! I thought you weren't coming! The captain said that the conference will be delayed by 15 minutes and whoever doesn't get here within that time will be fed to he wolves!" He said chuckling at the last bit.

"Thank god. I forgot about the conference and slept in. Also I highly doubt that my sister will sit back and watch as captain tries feeding me to the wolves." I said as we both walked into the building. "True. Captain Lucinda would kill captain G before he could even lay a finger on you." He told me. I nod. My older siblings,even though don't show it,are as overprotective of me as any other pair of siblings. A bit more because of the fact that we are the only family we have.

By the time it's 5. Captain George,or captain G for short saw us. " Lucas, Aiden. You both are stationed at the opposite building's rooftop. It has a clear view of the conference room meaning you should be able to see the entire surroundings. I want you guys to report any activity, suspicious or not to me."We both nod and captain leaves us both.

We head on over to the building's rooftop. By the time we reach our place of station we stop talking as part of muscle memory from our time training.At exactly 5:15 the conference begins and me and Aiden report all activity we see.

At quater to 6,we see a black car pull near the building. A claw mark on the front door. It only meant one thing. Werewolves. I immediately tell Captain G about what we saw. "Yes I know. The president wanted to have a talk with the werewolves. I stood and still stand against it but I have no say in the matter." He tells us.

A figure comes out of the car. A tall boy probably 18 with dark hair contradictory to my own blonde hair. I couldn't see what colour his eyes were from where I was. But I knew one thing. His eyes were probably just a beautiful as he was. I couldn't believe it. While most people thought only werewolves could have mates it was not true. Humans as well could have mates. The only difference being that humans' weren't as sensitive towards mates as werewolves if you get that. But we could still sense whether a person was our mate. And I knew the moment I set my eyes on that werewolf that we were mates. I felt all my resentment for werewolves disappear for a moment as I saw him. But it came back, thankfully.

What do I tell Aiden?
What do I tell my siblings?
And what do I do?
A werewolf and I for God's sake are mates!

What do I seriously do?

________________

First chapter! It's just 877 words but I hope the future chapters will be longer.

Hope who ever reads this likes it.

Vote if you can. Comment if you want. And definitely enjoy and give me suggestions about my writing!

See you at the next chapter!