Chapter-16

Matt's POV

"what happened?" I asked logan as he sat down with us after dropping alexis to her room,

"She isn't well, she dosent like doctors and she wants to rest" Logan spoke as he sat beside father,

I nodded and we all went back to our silent dinner.

Before alexis came back, our house was just a plain old boring place with expensive furniture. Her brothers and I goofed around alot, which also meant getting into trouble and flirting with almost every girl.

But there's this slight change in us, we all just want to protect her now. Being with her gave us the realisation of what a family feels of when they have a sister or a daughter.

I know we came to this realisation late but, we did.

Logon's the only one who has had the longest relationship as compared to us brothers, a year.

In that duration, Harry could have gotten like 20 girlfriends.

We finished our dinner and decided to check on alexis,

"Let's not" Harry spoke up, "let her rest, we shouldn't disturb her. I'm sure she's tired" he added and we just agreed.

Harry went up to his room with the bag he gave to alexis, Logan went to our bade for monitoring the assassin and the whole business, dad went up to his office for some work.

Alec and I went to his room to play games.

It was around 6am that I woke up. I found myself asleep on my gaming chair, my body aches as I stood up. I covered Alec with a blanket before walking out, running a hand through my hair.

Dad was fresh and ready, in his suit.

"Good morning, dad. Going somewhere?" I asked him,

He nodded, "did you check on alexis, last night?" I shook my head,

We both then decided to head up to her room, I knocked once before entering.

I walked towards her and saw her trembling, at first I thought she was cold but soon, tears rolled down her eyes. I placed my hand on her shoulder, trying to wake her up,

"Alexis?" I called out repeatedly,

Is it nightmare? Is she okay?

"Alexis!" I called out again, repeating it as I shook her,

Her eyes opened quickly and she soon regained her composure as dad and I looked at her worried.

The room was silent, and we could only hear her deep breaths.

"Sorry" she mumbled, her eyes were wet and her body was still trembling, it broke me.

I sat down beside her and held her close into my arms,

After a few seconds, I gently pulled away, looking into her wet red eyes, I wiped off her tear, "it's alright" i spoke calmly, trying to not frighten her.

"It's okay, you don't have to talk about it" I  gave a reassuring smile, "but are you feeling better?" I asked, worried.

"Yeah, sorry to worry you" she mumbled with a soft smile

Dad and I nodded, I stood up and looked at her worried, "do you want me to stay?" He asked,

"I'll be fine" I smiled, reassuring me.

Deep down, I hoped that she would ask me to stay.

I nodded.

Dad and I walked out the room while closing the door on our way out, leaving the lights on to make her feel safe,

Dad and I looked at eachother in silence before he finally spoke up, "I'm worried for her"

"So am I but we don't know anything" I replied,

"There has to be something I can do to make her not feel this" dad was defeated. I had never seen him like this.

"It's alright dad, I'll take care of it. Don't worry you should go to your meeting" I assured him,

He nodded before leaving as I stood outside alexis's door. Still thinking.

Alexis dosent like to talk about her problems or her past, we don't know much about her. She does know how much we care for her. I hope one day, she opens up to someone and we could help her. Someday.