Chapter 2. Pirates

This chapter takes place the next day after chapter 1.

Trigger warning: Child abuse/Implied child abuse- like right out the gate, also homophobia(no slur), and implied suicide.

---

Solar's perspective:

Solar holds his head in his hands, in-between his legs, shaking in fear as he hears the screams from his siblings.

Solar breathes heavily, holding his legs and arms, putting as much pressure as possible as to try and not loose too much blood.

W-When is- When is it gonna be over...

Solar crawls under his bed, covering his ears and trying to ignore the screams as much as possible.

Multiple hours pass, and eventually, the house goes silent as the sun starts to rise.

I-its over...

for now...

Solar rolls from out of his bed, hearing the front door slam loudly.

Solar hears a pair of footsteps enter the room from where the screams came from.

Solar exits his room, entering the room of Ray.

"Solar! Get over here!"

Solar rushes over next to Beam and Ray, Ray has blood rushing down his head, blurry eyed, and looking at multiple different angles.

"R-Ray-"

"Solar? Beam are you also nearby? I can't see too well..."

"Ray- You're gonna be ok- Um- Solar- go to the market and get some- just something-"

"I- I don't have any money-"

"W-What why?"

"... I bought a magazine yesterday..."

Beam's eyes twitches in anger and quickly search's through his pockets, bringing out about 25¢ and handing it to Solar.
"Go, quick."

Solar nods, rushing over to the market, and panickly looking for something he can afford.

Solar rushes back to the house, he had bought a small roll of gauze and ran straight into the room, handing the gauze roll to Beam.

Beam starts to patch up Ray's injuries quickly.

"Solar- What magazine did you get?"
Ray looks up at the unconsciously crying Solar.

"O-Oh um- I- I got a magazine about pirate's- I haven't started reading it..."

"You and Papa used to talk about pirates a lot when you where younger- Mom said you'd grow out of it!"
Ray chuckles a bit, though is still clearly out of it, his eyes a bit blurred from the crying, and his voice strained from the screaming.

".. R-Ray-"

Solar goes down onto his knees, Beam finishing up with Ray, and sits up.

"... Ray."

"Beam?"

"... You're all good right now... You're gonna make it- don't worry..."

"I'm not gonna make it."