Chapter 14. Gemini's reason

This chapter takes place the day after chapter 13.

This chapter does contain flashbacks.

Tw: Implied child abuse/child abuse, implied child neglect/child neglect, and implied dormancy/mass dormancy.

Table of Fonts has been updated (27/3/24)

---

Gemini's perspective:

Gemini wakes up from bed, and then immediately hit their head against the wood of the bed above them.

"ACK-"

"POLLUX I THOUGHT WE TALKED ABOUT THIS."

"IT WAS AN ACCIDENT OK-!"

"Hmp."

"Are you ok Gemini?"
Earth peeks over from the edge of the upper bunk, her long hair falling downwards, as she flips her head upside down to talk to Gemini.

"Y-Yeah- I'm fine- just- I keep hitting my head..."

"Do you want Lunar to kiss it better?"
Earth points at Lunar, whos on the lower bunk of the other bunk bed.

"EARTH DON'T SAY THAT-"
Lunar semi-angered, rubs his eyes, then continues to hide in the covers due to the flusteredness following quickly after.

Monty lays on the upper bunk above Lunar, chuckling at Lunar's reaction.

"I- Um-"

As Gemini stutters, Earth goes down the steps of the bunk bed, still somewhat chuckling though. Pollux enters their mind so she could talk to Castor in private.

"CASTOR HELP!"

"WHAT- WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO-?!"

"I DON'T KNOW-"

"POLLUX I WAS SLEEPING! I THOUGHT YOU SAID YOU COULD HANDLE THIS-"

"WELL APPARENTLY I CAN'T."

"FINE- JUST- UM-"

"... I'm just gonna get going-"
Gemini gets up and just awkwardly walks out the room. Pollux and Castor continue to talk to each other in their mind.

"Wow. Great save Castor."

"Fuck off."

"... Why does Lunar have to be so- so- ..."

"Cute?"

"Yeah... Pollux-? Do you still remember our first day-?"

"Yeah... Probably the best day of our lives-!"

"Definitely the best day of our lives..."

3rd person perspective:

A young child with long black hair is given a sword from one of two adults looming above them.

"Make yourself useful and put yourself to work."

"..."
The child tries to hold the sword, though their finger quickly glides on the sharpened blade, making a clean slice across their hand.

The child quickly drops the sword, fumbling over onto the ground, and crying out for the person to help them.

"MAMA-! HELP-!"
The child trys to show the cut to their mother, though she only stares blankly at the child.