3.25

TEENAGE KICKS
Season One : Episode Three
'The Chosen One'

"It's abuse. That's what it is, it's abusive. Does anyone have 10p ? I'm ringing childline."

Lara let out a scoff as she finished rolling her skirt up, fixing her jumper as she began to respond to her sister's dramatics.
"You can't ring childline every time ma threatens to kill you Erin."

"Yeah, you can't keep waste Esther's time like that."
Orla tagged along to the Erin taughting express with her cousin, unknowably of course.

"And anyway, you're not alone. We're all gonna fail , we're all gonna get our holes kick and we are all in the same boat."

The rattle of Clare's entry drink can was sounded before she was, at this point it had become a signal that the girl was going to start talking.
"I don't wanna be in that boat ! I wanna be in a different boat sailing down a totally different river !"

"Guys all we can do is try our best."

Four faces turned to the English accent with disgust plastered on all their faces.

"Aigk don't be such a fruit James."

His cousin responded, kicking a small stone at him after she did. Before any more James gate could continue, Erin was distracted and pointed at something or another.

"Oh my god. Look doesn't that dog look like Toto ?"

The blonde pointed to a spotted dog that was being stroked by one of the soilders on the street.

"I suppose it does a bit ?"

"No Clare. It just looks like a dog, don't feed her delusions."

Erin ignored her sister, choosing to leave her friends to start running towards the canine."

"It looks exactly like him. Here boy, come her boy."

The group followed their crazy friend, the poor dog rushing away from the solider giving him a back scratch in order to escape the cluster of teenagers after it.

"What are we doing ?"
"I dunno, in still pished."

Lara and Erin lead the group of six, the rest of them flaring behind the Quinns.

"We gonna be late Erin !"

"But it's freaky ! Don't you think it's so freaky ?"

"No. It's just a dog that looks a little bit like another dog (!)"

Lara rushed after her sister who was still chasing the random dog, now leading them all to the local chapel.

"Where did he go ?"

"I don't really give a flying fuck."

Erin, Lara and Michelle all made it to the chapel in a cluster. Orla, Clare and James arriving less than half a minute after them.

Just as the group started to split off, all in search for the dog, a shout was pointed to the two blonde girls.

"Listen you two."