3.5

TEENAGE KICKS
Season One : Episode Three
'Toto's Risen'

"And then he said she was chosen! Like as if she was the next coming of Christ."

Lara Quinn had been angrily pacing up and down her boyfriend's bedroom for the past half an hour, David having lost interest in the extended complaint about how her day had gone about five minutes in and had resorted to practising some new chords on his bass whilst he layed against his bed's headboard.

Lara turned to face the boy who had stopped randomly humming at her rant, finding him focusing on the black four string layed across him.

"David !?"

"Huh ?"
The brunette looked up immediately, his fringe flopping over his eyes.

"Are you paying attention ?"

She made her way over to the double bed, crawling over him and the guitar to lie down, he shifted the bass off his body, lying it doesn't on the floor beside the bed before she turned on his side to meet the blonde.

"Truthfully?"

"Of course !"

He blinked for a second. Before he even thought of replying, his plaid shirt covered arms wrapped around Lara's waist, the girl moving hers to mess with his shirt's collar.

"I lost track after you mentioned a Chapel, sorry."

She let out a small laugh, shifting her neck up to press a soft kiss on his face, not exactly on his lips but almost.
"It's okay, I kinda just needed to get it off my chest and this was probably more sane than crying into a mirror in my room... by myself."

"Hum, well you're defiantly not by yourself right now."

The girl looked up at him with an amused smile, letting out a small laugh as the boy pulled his hand down to her thigh and pulled her to be lying on top on his chest.

"You need better game."

"The whole point of having you mean I don't have to have game Lar."

The blonde shook her head before pulling their lips together.

Unfortunately the couple were only given a few seconds before the black bedroom door was pushed open, Marie nonchalantly wondering into her son's bedroom with a large hamper of dried and folded clothes in her arms.

The teenagers gave an awkward smile to the woman once she realised there were other people in the room.

"I should be off anyways, the priest's coming round to see me ma."

The girl shoved herself off the covers, stretching across the room to grab her school jumper she was wearing when she arrived.

"The priest ?"
The woman started unloading stacks of washing onto the desk on the other side of the room, turning to her son's girlfriend with a mix of shock and intrigue at the simply put sentence.

"Aye, he thinks Erin's the second coming of Christ. I'd tell you to ask David but he zoned out about half an hour ago, so I'll just tell you next time I see you."