6.0

TEENAGE KICKS
Season One : Episode Six
"Wanna Come Meet My Friends ?"

Lara stormed up to her house a few steps in front of the rest of the group, still angry with her sister and wanting to complain to her ma before Erin could reach the woman.

In her way up the hills, the blonde viciously rolled down the green plaid skirt, knowing her ma would skin her alive walking around with her skirt above her knees.

"Mammy you won't believe- "

"Mammy Lara's been at it again !"

"I have not !"

The younger sister was pushed against a couch, causing her to topple over the arm and land on her back. She expected her ma to mutter to her about showing her knickers to the world but instead she found herself pushing her body up onto its elbows and her ma and and Aunt Sarah standing with blank faces as the six teenagers stumbled into the small house all rambling over each other.

It was about 30 seconds later when Lara slowly cut herself off, noticing a scary sight before her. Her ma was ... smiling ?
Well it was more of a smirk.

"Hey, let me have a look at that !"

Lara gave another huff as she stood in her school house, underwear and knee high socks, passing the dishes to James so he could put them away, or in this case show her ma.

"And you call that clean do you ?"

The English boy grew in his shy manner, words seeming to get lost in his throat whilst the two Irish women slagged him off to his face.
Lara would've thought he'd gotten used to it by now.

"Different standards you see Mary. You're not in England now son."

"Orla was the one who washed it."

The curly haired boy spun back around to put the plate back on the start of the conveyer belt the teens had created, Lara finding her cousin to spin around with aggravation .

She was pretty sure it was the first time she'd seen Orla fuming.

"Oh! Okay, okay I have had it with you James, with your picking, picking, picking and I won't take it no more ! Do you hear me ?"

The whole kitchen muted for a moment, Lara placing the pale pink mug down from her hands to the counter top. Everyone looked at Orla with concern, James being the first to speak up with his calming tone.

"Is everything okay Orla ?"

A tut came from Sarah at the dining table.
"I warned you Orla, you're putting yourself under too much pressure ."

"Can't fail mammy."

"Since when gave you been troubled  by exams ?"
Erin started her comment with her obnoxious scoff. Crossing her shirt covered arms and resting on one leg, before remembering she was only in her shirt and underwear and pulling the fabric down more.

"Exams ? What are you on about, Erin ?"

"What are you on about, Orla ?"

Lara wasn't entirely sure why her sister was squaring up to their cousin but it sure was entertaining, especially since erin was harbour half a foot short than then.