32: 𝐻𝑒𝑟𝑜 𝑁𝑎𝑚𝑒𝑠

Unfortunately the break was now over. They had work studies next week and apparently it was very important to pick out a code name. Kira had received a grand total of one internship offer. Which was more than Midoriya, so she was satisfied.

"Something with explosions... I can't think, I've been waiting my whole life for this shit... Why can't I think??" Bakugou glared at his board. "What if I say something lame and everyone thinks it's dumb?"

Bakugou's thoughts reflected most of her other classmates. All of them were too nervous to go first. The one with the dumbest names was probably Midoriya.

"Mighty all man."

"Mighty boy."

"Captain All might."

"Super all might."

It was hard to imagine Deku as a cute little kid with big dreams to meet All Might. Because he was now a maniacal little twirp with All Might wrapped around his finger. But he had been an innocent little kid once, and he still was a big fan of All Might.

"Is Red Riot too bold? I mean it's obvious who I'm naming myself after right?" Kirishima chewed on the end of his pencil. "What if I fail miserably?! What if I dishonor his name?"

"Ribbit ribbit, Froppy. Ribbit."
Tsu was intelligent, or at least that's what Kira figured from her Japanese thoughts and her speaking. But half of her thoughts were just "Ribbit" thought in different tones. Making her one of the few students in this class Kira had difficulty reading.

"He told me to carry on our family's name... But I can't... I don't deserve it, not with what I'm going to do. I won't have their name attached to someone like me." Kira faught the urge to glance backwards towards Iida. Was he actually considering revenge?? He couldn't be that dumb right?

Aoyama went first, his stupid name gave the class more confidence to produce their own.
Mina wanted to be Alien Queen which Kora thought would have been lit. But Midnight had rejected it.

Eraserhead wasn't judging their names because his was stupid. Apparently he hadn't been concerned with what his name would be. So he picked the first suggestion from some cute boy in his class.

"Lord Explosion Murder!"
Bakugou yelled, while He sounded serious and the class laughed Kira knew what was really going on.

Bakugou was scared the class would reject a name he actually thought was good and he actually liked. So he decided to think of the stupidest one he could to purposely get rejected and buy himself time.

Kira chuckled at the name and the rest of the class laughed. Bakugou yelled at them but a part of him was comforted that he didn't get that reaction from something he actually liked.

"I'd like to see you do better newbie!!"
Bakugou snapped. "How about: 'EmoKid' or 'WannaBeBillieEilish'?!" He teased and both Denki and Sero giggled.

"Aw, I like her style. Kids used to pick on me for being more alternative in middle school. Bakugou is such an asshole." Jirou rolled her eyes. "Why does she hang out with him."

"Whatever you say 'Lord Explosion Murder." Kira got up and rolled her eyes.

The class seemed pretty interested in what Kira would choose for her name. Because many students were basing it off of their quirks and such. Plus they didn't know much about Kira.

Kira turned her board around.

Athena

"Athena? What does that mean?"
Denki scrunched up his nose.

"The patron Goddess of wisdom and battle strategy!" Midnight clapped her hands together. "Cultured! I love it! It'll be hard to live up too though!"

"Yeah I know." Kira said stepping down.

"Damn it, why'd her name have to be good?!"
Bakugou thought bitterly. "Especially after that dumb one I put out. Suits her though."

"Goddess of wisdom. Pretty cocky to name yourself after a god if you ask me."

"So she does like Greek mythology!! That bitch."

"So cool."

"Oh darn, I was considering a name related to Greek mythology."

It was a simple name. But it was obvious that Kira's main asset was her mind. Athena was the goddess of wisdom and of battle strategy. Kira was pretty strategic and could be pretty wise on a good day.

"Greek mythology, cool to name yourself after something like that... Ares, who is that again? God of war? Sounds pretty metal to me. But there's no way I'll say that right after her, plus they're like related right? Though pretty much everyone in Greek lore is related someway..."
Kira sat next to Bakugou as he scribbled down another purposefully shit name.

She heard Midoriya get up to take his turn. "There is a name I'm particularly fond of... And the class already knows it anyways. I wonder what He'll think? I can't wait to see the look on his face..."

'Oh great.' Kira rolled her eyes. 'He's using their pet names.'

Deku

"Uh, as in useless? Are you sure?" Midnight asked, bending forward with a frown.

"It did I used to hate it, but then someone taught me it could have a different meaning. I kinda like it now." Midoriya glanced over at Bakugou subtly.

"It's me!!! I'm the someone!!"

"What the hell-"

Before Bakugou could react like Midoriya wanted Kira flicked a ball of paper at his head. "You could be explosion boy." She whispered, sticking out her tongue.

"NO WAY IN HELL IM CHOOSING EXPLOSION BOY." Bakugou screamed. "I WANT SOMETHING THAT'LL STRIKE FEAR INTO THE HEARTS OF MY ENEMIES!!!"

"I fucking hate her, she's taking up all of his attention." Midoriya thought. He still had his Shy smile as he walked down from the front of the class. But Kira could feel how pissed he was.

'Haha, suck it loser.' Kira thought with a smile. She continued to pester Bakugou and suggest dumb names.

She realized she probably wouldn't see him for awhile, with hero internships and all. She won't see him for at least a week after today.

But she had his number so she was free to annoy him digitally anytime she pleased.