71: 𝑆𝑒𝑐𝑟𝑒𝑡𝑠

A/N: Better late than never ig lol
(You guys are so spoiled)

"I literally cannot believe they're actually making us go to school like normal after yesterday." Mina groaned. "Not only am I like... Literally traumatized. But I also have to listen to the annoying construction."

The construction of the new library was indeed very annoying. Especially because it was right next to their window. But most students just chose not to complain because exams were being delayed for a week.

"Yeah..." Denki said. In his own head looking across the cafeteria.

"What's up with you bro?" Kirishima asked. Since Kira and Bakugou were on good terms now and he couldn't find either after class. He decided to eat lunch at his usual table.

"Nothing it's just..." He was looking at where Bakugou and Kira just entered. "I gotta go really quick."

He stood up and they watched him slowly walk over to Kira and Bakugou.

"Wow, wonder what that's about." Jirou said, tilting her head.

"Uh obviously everyone is going to chase Kira down to talk to her about their secrets or something. Really, even I want to talk to her at some point. And I need to apologize to Bakugou too." Mina said, slumping back. "Just to think. This whole time I wanted to know the deal about them. And she knew I did and still didn't tell me."

"Why don't you just... Ask?" Sero suggested with a frown.

"Because that's no fun!"

°.•.°•.°•.°

"H-hey!" Denki said walking up nervously to the two. Bakugou frowned at him but didn't do anything else. Just watched.
"Kira can I talk to you... Alone?" He added the last bit cautiously.

Bakugou clicked his tongue and crossed his arms but Kira just playfully shoved him away. "Sure. Bakugou, We'll be back in a sec. Just keep an eye on him okay?"

Bakugou didn't say anything and just stomped away.

Denki nodded and looked around. "Oh um... Come here. " He said, he walked out and Kira shrugged. She'd honestly been wanting to talk to Denki for awhile. She felt it would be good to tell him she couldn't read his mind. Because based on how nervous he was, he probably assumed she could.

"So um..." Denki mumbled, looking around nervously. They were outside the building, the sky was grey and stormy. "I mean... I guess you already know my secret." He turned to her. Face red he was scared and embarrassed. "Listen I'm gonna tell everyone one day-"

"Denki wait!" Kira put up her hands.

"I know you probably don't view me-"

"Denki!" Kira put a hand over his mouth. "Listen. I can't read your mind." She said before he could tell her anything he didn't want her to know.

He stared at her in shock and she slowly removed her hand.

"W-what do you mean? Why not me?" He asked nervously. But she could feel his relief. "Am I some type of freak or something?"

"No, it's kinda hard to explain but... Well every mind works differently Kaminari. Some are easier to read than others. Some I can't read at all, though that is rare. In your case you don't have an inner dialogue." She explained.

"An inner what?" He asked, scrunching up his nose.

"Think about it. When you think do you hear words, in your brain?" Kira asked.

Denki stood there for a second. "No. Hey is this just you nicely saying my head is empty?" He asked with a small pout.

"No. You just think differently then some people. The term for it is anaduralia. It basically just means you don't have auditory imagery. It's not that weird. It just means I can't read you." Kira said with a smile.

"Wow... So like. You don't know anything? You can't hear anything from me?" He asked to confirm.

"Well I can sense your emotions. Empathy is a large part of my quirk. Other than that all I hear is static when I'm next to you. Which is actually pretty nice compared to the loud thoughts of other people." Kira shrugged. "As for your secret, whatever it is. You keep it until you're ready. But if you ever need to tell anyone, I'm a pretty good listener. And I'm even better at keeping secrets."

Kaminari smiled at her. "Thanks I might do that one day. I'm just worried about what everyone will think you know? Especially the guys. My friend group I mean." He rubbed the back of his head.

"I don't know your secret, but I do know your friends. Whatever it is, I'm sure they'll understand. Though it might take a few days for them to get over their surprise."

Kaminari smiled somewhat teasingly. "You're talking about Bakugou aren't you?" He asked and kira rolled her eyes.

"I'm talking from experience, yes." Kira admitted. "Your friends are good people. I think you can trust them."

Denki smiled brightly.
"Thanks Kira. I really needed this. You're pretty cool you know that?"

"I've been told yes." Kira nodded. "Well I'm gonna go find Bakugou." She said, standing up. "Oh hey, tell Mina that we're not dating. It's been killing her for weeks."

"Alright! You know she's been trying to get Kirishima to ask? Since like... forever." Denki chuckled.

"Of course I know." Kira smiled.

"Right sorry!" Denki rubbed the back of his neck. "Sorry for bothering you too."

"Nah it's fine. You had the same idea as half the class. I've already been pulled aside by Koda and a few others." Kira admitted.

She still smiled at Koda's pure shock when she told him she was not only aware of him writing about her and several other classmates.

But she also had read it.

And would continue to do so. Sure you could say what he was doing was a little weird. But he was actually damn good at writing. Like every other secret, Kira promised him she wouldn't mention it to anyone. Especially not Bakugou, who the boy was mildly terrified of.

"Really? Wow. What's he have to hide?" Denki asked.

"Everyone has something to hide Denki." Kira said, shoving her hands in her pockets.
"Sorry I have to go now. I need to talk to my uncle." She admitted.

'Before Deku does.'