21. the leaving song

Tree Hill, 2003

Tree Hill, 2003

Ethan was lying on his bed in a deep sleep when he felt his body being shaken. Ethan's eyes opened in terror when he saw Nathan's face with a smile.

"Dude, you sleep like a rock." Nathan said laughing.

"What the hell?" Ethan muttered, getting up.

Nathan had a cookie in his hand, shouted to Ethan to get dressed and left the boy's room, taking a bite of the cookie. Nathan sat in the living room while Keith shook his head laughing at the situation.

Ethan got changed, even though he didn't understand why Nathan was in his house, Ethan went to the fridge to get some water. Keith walked past his son and patted him on the shoulder.

"Good luck, son." Keith said, hearing Ethan mutter something.

"Nathan, why?" Ethan grumbled.

"Come on, stop whining like a baby and let's go wake Lucas up." Nathan said to the boy, making him smile.

Ethan and Nathan went to Lucas' house. The two boys were knocking on the boy's bedroom door incessantly. Lucas opened the door, falling asleep, and the two teenagers smiled at Lucas.

"Get dressed." The two boys spoke.

"Dude, it's 6 a.m. What are you guys doing?" Lucas asked.

"We're going running." Nathan explained.

"No. I-I'm going to bed." Lucas said.

"Oh, hell no. If I'm going to be miserable, you are too." Ethan said, pushing  the door open and shoving Lucas, telling him to get ready.

Lucas had no choice but to go running with the other two teenagers. The three teenagers were running when Nathan started talking about how the playoffs were next week and they had to get Lucas ready for the game. Lucas even questioned why Nathan would bother to help him and put Ethan in that situation too.

"Well, I imagine I speak for myself and Nathan when I say that we want to win and we need you in the game." Ethan said.

Nathan agreed with Ethan and thanked the two boys for standing up to Dan a few days ago. Lucas took the opportunity when the boys slowed down to ask Nathan a question about Dan, and Ethan took the opportunity to stay behind and pull his cell phone out of his pocket.

Ethan was distracted walking slowly typing on his cell phone when he heard Nathan's voice.

"Ethan, what are you doing, man?" Nathan asked.