Chapter One : Catalina Barrera

2024, during the extermination

Neon green smoke filled the dark room, contrasting among the red hues of the outside sky. The western decor of the room, the deep and desaturated colors, it made her feel at home.

Catalina sighed and jammed her cig into the ashtray, watching the glowing venom drip down the sides of it from the part she had her mouth on. She wiped up the venom and flicked it off towards the window behind her. The snakes in her hair slithered around, breathing in the smoke still filling the room, their neon eyes glowed curiously and it seemed they were the only light being brought to the room other than that from the window.

The snake demoness stood from her chair and walked towards the window, kicking at the dust on the hardwood floor. She opened the window and was immediately met with screams of terror and pain. She cringed and slammed the window shut again. "Weak fools.." Catalina muttered, staring out at the bloodshed being spilled by the Exorcists. She continued to stare out the window until she felt a tug on her pant leg. She looked down and noticed the hellcat she rescued a few hours ago trying to climb up her leg. The demoness smiled and picked up the cat, gently scratching behind it's ears.

She gave a long sigh as she looked up at the glowing red pentagram in the sky, the red light eliminating her pale and desaturated skin and letting her dark hair and neon Xs on her right cheek pop out. The hellcat in her arms swatted at one of her Medusa-like hair snakes and in response it snapped it's jaws at the cat. Catalina chuckled slightly and put the cat down, not wanting her to get bit even though there was only one pair of fangs in her body that could cause actual worrysome harm. Catalina heard her door open and turned her head slightly at the sound.

"Being somber again Cat..?" a tall pale-looking woman in a deep lilac bridal dress walked towards the snake demoness, not seeming to fear the overlord despite only being a weaker sinner herself. Catalina smiled and her and made room for the taller sinner to stand next to her. "No, I wouldn't say that. It's more or so procrastinating I guess," the overlord replied, smiling softly at her (much taller) lover and looking back out at the window, "but Lizzie, aren't you supposed to be in Cannibal town helping Rosie?"

Elizabeth, well that's her human name since she goes by Luna now, laughed and leaned down so she was eye level with her girlfriend. "Well, Rosie said she had everything handled with her colony, so I thought I'd come spend some more time with you before you get too busy~" she teased, placing her bony fingers onto Catalina's shoulder. Catalina hated being shorter, but she made up for her height by not only having more demonic power, but being the dom in the relationship (well, that is when Luna wants to 'have fun' since Catalina is asexual-).

"Oh really?~" Catalina said, tilting her head slightly and patting Luna on the head, "is this you being kinky or flirty, love? No wait that's basically the same thing-" she laughed and gave a toothy smile, revealing her snakelike fangs.

"Maybe both!" Luna replied, standing up straight again.

"Better watch out, I might just bite you~"

"Oooh noo what shall I do?~ the teeny little snake is angry!!~~"

"You little-" Catalina tackled her lover to the ground and kept her pinned there. Luna on the other hand, used this opportunity to begin tickling her, which caused the shorter demon to burst out laughing and try to escape her grasp.

Luna eventually stopped but not until after Catalina was out of breath from laughing so much.

Who knew a Overlord could be so vulnerable like this?

A/N: Okay no more Viperflesh fluff lmao 😃👍 time to actually be serious-
---

The extermination was now over, and good riddance to that. Catalina grimaced at the bodies of dead sinners slowly disintegrating into ash. She flicked a few sparks from her cigarette onto a pile of bodies, causing them to burst into neon green flames. Two other snake demons walked beside the Overlord, male and female, both having glowing neon green eyes, desaturated tones and a 1920s western style outfit. One carried a large Carmine Crafted rifle, and the other a simple pistol.

"My Lady," the female demon said in a prominent southern accent, "how much longer do you insist on standing outside in such a hideous environment?"

"Oh, not too much longer my dear Mariah~" Catalina replied, turning slightly and patting the other female on the head, who swatted her hand away with an annoyed look. "Just 'cause you own my soul doesn't mean you get to treat me like a pet," Mariah mumbled.

"But you're my favorite!~ and besides, we both know if it weren't for me you'd be drunk or dead in a ditch right now!~" the overlord demoness then turned to the male, "isn't that right Alejandro..?"

He nodded in obedience. Green stitched closed his mouth shut and traced around his Adam's apple. Everyone who had their souls owned by her knew what happened to someone who tried to oppose the Viper Overlord, and poor Alejandro had to find that out the hard way..

Catalina giggled and patted the taller male on the head. "Good boy!" she cooed.

Unlike Catalina's other most trusted souls, Alejandro was the only one who did not know the demoness while she was alive. The others were all in her smuggling gang and held off the police for Catalina to escape, but they ultimately all killed themselves before they got arrested and waited for their lady in hell. They didn't have to wait long, because she soon joined them in hell. They were the first souls she obtained, and they were also her favorites.

Catalina was staring off into space, having the strong urge to down a bottle of whiskey, when Mariah suddenly tugged on the sleeve of her arm. She would've torn her head off if she wasn't her favorite. She hated being touched by anyone other than Luna (who gets a free 'physical affection /w Catalina' pass because she's a silly little cannibal Corspe Bride-like sinner).

"What is it Mariah dear?" she asked with a hiss in her voice, seeming slightly irritated by her second in command's sudden touch.

"Sorry to anger you my Lady, but I think you should know that I believe that old building on your territory is now being lived in.." Mariah said calmly. She wasn't scared of the woman who owned her soul, she knew she was too valued to be thrown away like garbage for the angels to pick at and tear apart.

Catalina's interest peaks and her eyes narrow, her yellow-green scleras glowing slightly. "Stay here," she hissed, shadows engulfing her body and morphing her into a deep purple-grey snake. She moved much faster and more stealithly in this form,and besides, not a lot of people knew she knew how to shapeshift. She slithered towards the old building, arriving just in time to see a group of people standing wide-eyed as a giant airship sunk beneath the ground.

"Hm, that's odd. I feel like I've seen this power before.." she thought, watching the group of people from her position in a dead tree. Her suspicions were confirmed when she recognized a familiar voice.

"Well I'm starved! Who wants some Jambalaya!?~"