Chapter Four: Past Memories and Haunting Present

TW: mentions of OD, use of controlled substances/Illegal Narcotics, small implications of domestics violence, depictions of schizophrenia, strong, provocative and/or suggestive language, slight angst

((A/N: dw this chapter will mainly be about Catalina :3 (and also her friendship with Alastor-) ))

Early June, 1917

"Mama! Look!~" a child ran up to the woman, holding a freshly picked chrysanthemum bloom.

The woman smiled and took the flower from the child. "It's beautiful Valeria, thank you."

The little girl smiled and grabbed her mother's hand. "There's a lot more!! Come see!!~"

The woman laughed and followed her daughter, finding herself in a field of flowers.

The mother-daughter pair sat in the field making flower crowns, both wanting to escape the horrors that awaited them when they returned home..

Third Person Limited: Catalina

Catalina awoke suddenly, her head hurting like hell.

"Oh fuuck me." she groaned, sitting up and rubbing her head gently. She was in her bedroom inside the Hazbin hotel, which surprised her for a moment, but then she remembered she had spent the last few days of the week redesigning her room to her own liking. The demoness got out of her bed and walked groggily to the bathroom. She opened her drug cabinet and took out two bottles; her schizophrenia meds and ibuprofen for her headache.

"Whatcha doin Ma?"

"Trying to look presentable for the day." she popped three ibuprofen tablets into her mouth.

"Cool!" the child climbed on the bathroom counter and watched Catalina brush her teeth and style her curls. The room was silent for a few moments before the child spoke up again.

"You know I'm not really her right..?"

"I know. The real Valeria is in Heaven."

"Stupid schizophrenia." Catalina popped her meds and left the bathroom to get changed out of her nightgown, glad she wouldn't have to see that girl's face until the next day.

---

Catalina walked down the stairs, adjusting her gloves. She looked around at the sights of the hotel.

Husk was at his bar, Angeldust was sitting on the lounge chair, Nifty was most likely chasing bugs somewhere, and Charlie, Vaggie, and Alastor-!?

"Why's Al next to the tv..? I thought he hated modern technology." she thought.

Catalina walked towards the box television that the three were next to, just in time to see the comerical Alastor had spent the past few days preparing. After the comerical ended, Alastor, with his signature smile, looked up from the tv and at Charlie and Vaggie who were sitting on the couch in front of the tv.

"So, what do you think!?~" he asked, the radio static filter over his voice as strong as ever. Catalina had to hold in her laughter at how hilariously sadistic the comerical was.

"Excuse me, what the fuck was that-!?" Vaggie exclaimed, glaring at the Radio demon.

"What Vaggie means is that we're looking for something a little less.. insulting..?" Charlie said, trying to not seem rude.

Alastor's eyes narrowed, not seeming pleased with the reaction. "Funny, I was going for hilarious!~"

"Well you nailed that, Al." Catalina suddenly spoke up, which caused both Vaggie and Charlie to jump.