CH 16

"Why?"

"why not?"

"I don't want to"

"It's the emperor's order, you don't have a choice"

"I want to abdicate"

"this position is not something you can 'abdicate'"

"then I will resign"

"As If they will let you do it"

"why shalt thou wound me with the cruel realty?"

"don't use fancy words we aren't in a ball"

"what's your problem man? Let me be dramatic. It's the only way I can cope with their bull- nonsense"

"Actually I'm short on drama these days, so your the only person I can annoy for now"

"understandable, good bye"

Davian replied done, he just came back from his vacation yesterday and the emperor wants him to tag along on a business trip.

He wasn't the emperor's secretary nor his son's wife to handle all these affairs, and Enzo coming to annoy him for entertainment wasn't making it any better.

' I swear some day I will commit arson in the imperial palace'

"By the way thanks for inventing a new word I will use it as a new trend 'bullsense'"

"Shut it with your bullsense and get out, Kindly"

"Such a polite young master"

Enzo replied while seeing himself out, it was obvious that the owner of the office wasn't in the mood to do any formalities.

' ah, young love, he hasn't seen his lover in a day and is already grumpy'

Thus another string of misunderstanding was born.

Not long after his stressful conversation (where he decided he was going to manipulate the emperor in raising his pay) his two chosen disciples came.

"Professor Adler, may we come in?"

"No, you may not"

"...."

"...."

"Should we come by another time sir?"

The other student asked awkwardly.

"No, get ready for a trip, both of you are coming with me on a ball held by a foreign empire. It's an exercise to get more experience."

Davian lied easily, he wasn't bringing those two students for experience but to do his work if he felt like lazing around.

'ugh, dealing with the imperial family is such a hassle' 

The male groaned after realising that he still had to deal with the prince and princess.

Meanwhile

Alberu: I will give you a golden plaque if you attend this ball

Cale: Make it four

Alberu: Deal

Alberu 🤝 Cale