Season 2 Special: A Song for the Sun

(Non-Canon)

(Ok, in Canon Hopesong was never in the Smiling Critters show, buuuut if I were to make her a show character, she'd be very different than her bigger body counterpart! Let's see her debut!)

●~<♡>~●

It was a rainy night as Dogday planned what activity the Smiling Critters would do for the week. Besides the rain, the week would be sunny! Perfect for him and his friends. They could have a picnic tomorrow and then have a slumber party the next day, and then-

Dogdays train of thought was interrupted by a knock at the door. Who could that be in this rain and at this time? He got up from his desk and walked from the living room to the door. Maybe it was a late night delivery? Or maybe one of his friends came to visit him?

He opened the door and saw no one. he looked down at his porch and saw a basket. Inside the basket ,however, was a small pegasus who was fast asleep. Dogday gasped and quickly brought the small toddler inside. The small pegasus appeared to be healthy. She looked like Craftycorn, except her fur was brown, including her hair, and she had wings instead of a horn. She also had what appeared to be a treble clef pendant.

Dogday had several thoughts going through his head. Who was this mysterious toddler? Who dropped her off here? Why was she left alone? Was she abandoned? Why here? What was he going to do? He started pacing, trying to think when an idea popped into his head. He'll bring her to the other Smiling Critters! Maybe then they can find her parents.

It was a solid plan, but right now, he needed to make sure she was fed, clean, and warm for the night. Dogday gently picked up the pegasus, and the movement made her wake up, revealing her green eyes. Dogday didn't have time to admire them when she suddenly squealed in fear, starting to flail around.

Dogday adjusted his hold so he wouldn't drop the distressed toddler "hey hey! It's ok. I'm not a scary monster! I'm Dogday!" He said, trying to ease her fear. The pegasus stopped flailing around, but she was shaking looking at the dog "Mama..Papa..?" Dogday felt a twinge of sadness for the toddler. She just wanted her parents. "Don't worry, we'll find them! But until then, I'll take care of you. " The little pegasus just nodded her head, hiding her face in her hands.

Dogday went to give her a bath and some food since she looked very dirty and thin. He was going to find her parents! How hard could it be?

●~<☆>~●

"SHE'S SO CUTE!" Bobby Bearhug exclaimed, looking at the small pegasus hiding behind Dogday. The pegasus squeaked and hid her face in her wings. "Bobby, quiet voices, you're scaring her." Craftycorn softly scolded, and Bobby scratched the back of her head, mumbling an apology. Bubba Bubbaphant tilted his head. "Did you see if she had a name?" Dogday scratched his head."I tried, but nothing had her name on it," he said, looking at the hiding toddler.

"I know! Let's give her a name till we find her parents!" Hoppy Hopscotch said, and Kickin Chicken nodded with enthusiasm."Ya! It should be something cool like Champ!" Picky Piggy shook her head, finishing her cookie "no no that sounds strange! Let's name her Brownie!" Craftycorn hummed."What about button that would be cute? " Bobby gasped."What about Emerald she has the cutest eyes!" Hoppy scoffed "obviously it should be Feathers after her cool wings!" Bubba tried to interrupt them when a quiet cat spoke up, standing next to the pegasus.