Where's Ollie?

(Canon)

(A/n: In the making of "Before Joy there was Hope," I had a couple of ideas of what I could do with Ollie. Unfortunately, with so many characters, I didn't have room to fit in a part where Ollie was mentioned, but this one-shot should clear up the mystery!)

●~<♤>~●

It was a simple game night. The small family was playing uno. Currently, Poppy was winning while Dogday was stuck with the most cards. (Y/n) giggled and threw down a plus four, forcing Dogday to pick up more cards. "Come on! I haven't even gotten rid of my cards yet!" (Y/n), Hopesong, and Poppy busted into laughter. "Sorry Papa, you have the worst luck in this game," Dogday grumbled as he took more cards.

Poppy hummed, then a thought came to her head "Hey I just thought of something. What happened to Ollie?" (Y/n) looked at Poppy and hummed "I don't know my Playphone broke when we were trying to get away from those weird mutants in the labs, and I never got a call back from him or heard him since" Hopesong raised a brow then looked at her cards "Oh Ollie? Ya, that wasn't an actual kid that was just the prototype. " she said it so nonchalantly, and all three adults turned their head to her.

Hopesong looked at their shocked expression and shrugged. "What? It's the truth he tricked me with that Ollie persona, too. " Dogday raised a brow."Persona? My little pegasus, I think you need to elaborate. " Hopesong sighed and put her cards face down.

"After the children were "safe, " the original plan was to make sure they got back up to the surface, but...The prototype had other plans." She shivered at the memory.

●~<♧>~●

Hopesong should've made running a game by now. This time, instead of running from a mutated toy, it was Boxy Boo. She had never heard of this thing until it came running at her, using its spring-like arms to reach for her. Eventually, she saw a mutant crawling around and jumped over it, giving her a distraction for Boxy Boo. At least it wouldn't die from her hands.

Hopesong made her way into the Prototypes room, hearing some movement inside. She crawled through the vents with some difficulty sneezing from the dust. Hopesong paused when her heard a child's voice, the voice of a young boy. "Hello? Can anyone hear me? I need help!" Hopesong started moving faster she had to find where this voice was coming from.

"H-hello?" Hopesong called out hesitantly, only for the voice to ring out again. "Hi! I'm Ollie! I'm trapped. Can you help me? I'm not far. I'm just a little further!" Hopesong wasn't sure, but this was a child that needed her help. She couldn't refuse a scared child. She made her way through the vents and into a large room. From what she could tell, it was meant for surgeries judging by the tools, curtains, and singular operating table. Everything was broken, torn, and stained with dry blood, but the bodies were long gone by that point

Hopesong found no signs of the little boy she heard. Had she gone the wrong way? Had she finally gone crazy and had been hearing things? That couldn't be she was sure that she heard him. It didn't take long for her suspicions to be confirmed. "Thank you! I thought this voice might've fooled you! It's a good thing I started adding children to my body. Otherwise, all of that work would've been for nothing." She felt her blood run cold as she turned around, finding the prototype, or rather, some of the prototype.

Most of it was covered in shadow, but the part of its body that was visible horrified her. Torn apart toys and human body parts were used to make its shoulder, but then she noticed the smaller bodies for some of the little torso she could see from the snake-like body. Hopesong felt her stomach drop. "What...what did you do with the kids..?" The prototype let out a distorted laugh at her distress. "I gave them freedom" by slaughtering them was left unsaid, but it didn't have to be said.

"You... You monster! They were innocent! Then what was the point of all that murder!?"Hopesong tried to pull any remorse from this being, the prototype remained coldly apathetic, "They would've died anyway. Why not make them useful?" If Hopesong didn't hate the prototype before, she certainly did now.

●~<☆>~●

"I managed to get away, but...I couldn't do much for a couple of days. I thought those kids were living their lives far away from that hellish place...Guess I was wrong.." she finished her story with a bitter laugh. The table went silent at the knowledge honestly (Y/n) wishes they could've made the prototypes end more slow and painful. Dogday felt the same but had even darker thoughts of keeping the prototype alive and torturing it only to keep it alive so he could torture it some more, and Poppy just felt sad knowing that their efforts to protect the children failed.

Hopesong noticed the silence and sighed as BB curled up against her neck. "I'm sorry to ruin the game night mood. I just thought you three deserved to hear the full truth, then tell a half truth," Dogday rose from his seat and pulled Hopesong into a tight embrace."No, it's not your fault you didn't deserve to have that placed on your shoulders," Hopesong snuggled into his arms. The familiar scent of vanilla filled her nose. It was the smell of home and safety.

Poppy and (Y/n) soon joined the hug as silent support. The quiet embrace lasted for a while and only ended when Hopesong pulled away "Alright let's go back to game night." Dogday grumbled."Can we play a different game?" (Y/n) let out a hearty laugh."You're the one that suggested we play UNO!" Poppy gave a smug smirk."Dogday being a sore loser? Who could've seen that coming?" Hopesong watched the two bickering and just smiled.

She truly loved her family.

●~<♤>~●

(A/n: Sorry this took so long to finish. I've been pretty busy with school and work and other life stuff, so I hope you all enjoy!)