I'm Not Emo!

(Non-canon)

(Crabby belongs to ReadingFluffAndAngst. Please go check them out! Hope you all enjoy this fluff!)

●~<☆>~●

"DOGDAY!"

Dogday was in the middle of a discussion with Craftycorn in the school, when a familiar disgruntled yell came from behind him. He turned and saw Crabby a purple-blueish cat with a waning crescent moon pendent stomping over to him. She looked pissed and looked ready to tear his head off. "Uh-hi Crabby! What seems to be the issue?" Dogday tilted his head as Craftycorn watched the two.

"The issue? Why is Hopesong calling me emo!" she said, her tail whipping back and forth in irritation. Dogday started to sweat.

He messed up big time.

Earlier that day, Dogday was talking to Kickin Chicken and jokingly said that Crabby was a less emo version of Catnap and Hopesong ,who was passing by and very impressionable, must've thought "emo" was Crabby's nickname, and must've started using the "nickname" as a result.

Dogday knew he messed up he was going to die. He had to think of something! "U-uh, I'm sure she just heard it from one of the scientists! You know how impressionable she is. She's only six, so she wouldn't know any better!" Crabby crossed her arms, and her face morphed into an unimpressed glare."Really? When I asked her, she said she heard it from you."

Aaaaand Dogday was officially doomed

Before Crabby could tear him a new one for calling her emo, Hopesong flew over to the two and landed between them. "Auntie Crabby! Papa! Look what I made!" She said and presented the picture she drew. It was a messy drawing of all the critters together in a grassy field with a blue sky and sun.

Crabby smiled and patted Hopesong on the head "Aw that's nice, peanut." Dogday nodded in agreement "It's very beautiful sweetheart. I'll hang it up in our room, ok" Hopesong nodded excitedly.

Crabby cleared her throat "Hey Crafty, you mind taking Hopesong to lunch? I need to speak with Dogday" she turned to glare at him "Alone." Craftycorn didn't hesitate. Nodding before leading Hopesong away to spare her ears from the scolding Dogday was about to recieve.

All the while, Hopesong was completely oblivious and Craftycorn was grateful that Hopesong seemed to forget the "nickname" for Crabby all-together. Cause no doubt Crabby would lecture Dogday on his parenting every time Hopesong called her emo.

How they haven't banned that word from the Playcare is a mystery.

●~<♧>~●

"Hey Crabby, why do you call Hopesong peanut?" Bubba Bubbaphant asked looking up from his book and looking over at Crabby.

The two were in the school, leading the children to class when Hopesong passed by them. Which prompted Crabby to greet her and call her "peanut" that always bugged Bubba Bubbaphant because Hopesong looked nothing like a peanut. He doubt that Hopesong even knew what peanuts were so the nickname made no sense to him.

Crabby looked at him "why do you ask?" Bubba Bubbaphant adjusted his glasses "I mean you always call her "peanut" when she looks nothing like one and I'm sure she doesn't even know what that is, so why peanut?" Crabby was silent for a while until they just shrugged "I dunno I though the nickname was cute so I just went for that" was her answer before fixing her hair.

Bubba Bubbaphants jaw dropped "So...You don't even have a reason for the nickname?! Then why use it?!" Crabby hummed "Eh why not? It's cute isn't it?" Bubba Bubbaphant let out a defeated sigh "You and Catnap are so confusing.." Crabby smirked "Well I am the "fun aunt" for a reason there's a reason Hopesong says you're the "boring uncle" Bubba" Bubba gasped in offense and Crabby stuck out her tongue.

That was the start of a long argument between the two about who was fun and who was boring.

●~<◇>~●

"Hey, Aunt Crabby? How come we aren't allowed to leave the Playcare?" Crabby looked up from her sandwich to look at Hopesong. Crabby was used to Hopesongs questions since she was always very curious, but this was a new question Crabby wasn't expecting.

"Well peanut, us Smiling Critters have to stay in the Playcare because it's our job to take care of the kids here" Crabby gently rubbed Hopesongs shoulder as Hopesong looked at what she was drawing for a moment before looking at Crabby again "Have you seen other toys that look different from us before?" Crabby rubbed her chin needing time to answer.

"No, bit I don't need to I have everything I would need right here" she said before messing up Hopesongs hair. Hopesong laughed, her wings flapping slightly before smiling at Crabby "I'm happy you're part of our family, Aunt Crabby" Crabby felt her heart melt and she kissed Hopesong on the head "me too, Peanut"

Suddenly Dogday rushed in "Hey! Stop stealing my parent thunder Crabby! She's my daughter!" Crabby stuck out her tongue "and I'm her fun aunt!" Hoppy gasped "I'm her fun aunt! How dare you take my title!" Soon all the Smiling Critters argued about who Hopesong loved more. Leaving Hopesong to her drawing completely oblivious to the adults arguing.

Eventually, Hopesong got up making the Smiling Critters pause their arguing "You know I love you all equally. You don't need to argue about who I love more, but I do have a favorite" everyone gasped and huddled around Hopesong.

"Who is it!?" Everyone said in unison giving eachother dirty looks. Hopesong hummed "hmmmmm...Dunno! Anyway I'm going to go see Ms. Delight!" She said before making her way out of the Playhouse.

Leaving behind the shocked Smiling Critters. They didn't stay shocked for long when the argument changed into who was Hopesongs favorite even Catnap, who would usually stay out of petty arguments, joined in proclaiming he was the favorite.

Crabby would never admit this, but she loved this strange but beautiful family and couldn't ask for a better place to be then with her family.

●~<♤>~●

(The first two parts were inspired by the fanart ReadingFluffAndAngst made for me please go check that out! Thank you all for reading!)