Chapter 27

Griffin still hasn't come home, he said he'd be home two days ago and I got one message saying that it's been delayed.

Sophie's been around a few times and we've had girlie nights, but the house is so quiet and empty.

My time has continued to be filled with studying, which is what I'm doing now in our living room.

Books are thrown everywhere and my glasses are perched on my face as I write notes when I hear the door open.

The guy I've been waiting to see walks in looking exhausted but he makes a beeline straight to me picking me up so I can wrap my legs around his waist "I've missed you" I mumble into his neck.

"I've missed you too Daze" he leans back to kiss me quickly before pulling away and putting me down.

"I'm sorry I was gone for so long, there's something I should have told you before coming home, " he says pulling me down to sit on the couch.

"What is it?" I say nervously.

He looks uncomfortable, so I know it's not good, before he can say anything else I hear someone stumble in the door.

"Griff hurry the fuck up with your flavor of the week and show me where I'll be staying" A tall well-built guy says leaning on the kitchen counter.

He's got black hair and is covered in tattoos.

"Watch your mouth Kealan" Griffin growls back at him as he walks closer to us.

Standing up I see his eyes roam over me from head to toe, I can't help but feel uncomfortable from the look he's giving and I pull down the dress I'm wearing.

"Daze, Kealan, Kealan, Daisy" Griffin says, gesturing with his hands.

"You're cute, different from his usual type. We will see how long he keeps you around" Kealan says as I glance at Griffin to see his reaction.

"I said watch your mouth and don't look at her like that" Griffin walks over to him pushing him towards Sophie's old bedroom.

Well, that was a lovely introduction.

Not long after Griffin comes back out pulling me into our room."Fuck, I wanted to tell you before he came in," He says.

"Who is he?" I ask.

"A friend from back home, I'm trying to help him out. So he'll be staying here for a while, " he says sighing.

"Is everything okay with the shop?" I say.

"Yeah, the shop is fine. Someone else is running it temporarily" he replies.

"Are you okay? You seem stressed" I say concerned.

"I'm fine Daze, just need to sort him out" I nod in response.

"Do you need me to help?" He turns towards me contemplating.

"Actually, after exams are over, if I'm working do you mind just keeping an eye on him" he says.

"Sure, what exactly am I keeping an eye on him for?" I say wanting to know what I'm getting involved in.

"He just has a tendency of getting in trouble, " he says and I know that is an easy answer to skirt around what Kealan had actually done.

The next morning is awkward as hell I'm standing at the kitchen island with Griffin behind me kissing my neck when Kealan walks in rolling his eyes at us.

"Dude, you're meant to send them packing in the morning, " he says and Griffin walks over to him squaring up to him "I've already told you to show some respect, this is Daisy's home".