Page 6: A Hidden Past

(A/n) Now before you all say anything. Yes, Ater's love interest is going to be Noelle Silva, because she is one my favorite Black Clover girls with another character from the manga being in second and I don't say cause it will ruin it for anime watchers. If this isn't your cup of Tea. I'm sorry, but this is how it is, so don't worry, I've already got someone covered for Asta's love interest. Also this will be a short chapter.

It's been a couple of days after Noelle's Magic gone out of control as her and Ater made up. Since then Asta cleans, does the laundry, and feeds the beasts. He tries to wake up Yami Sukehiro, but is yelled at and told to go away. He realizes that he has no idea what Magic Knights are supposed to do. At breakfast in the cafeteria, Asta asks Noelle Silva why she does not help him with the chores. She tells him that it is because she is royalty but Asta believes that is not fair. Asta asks the group what Magic Knights are supposed to do. Magna Swing tells him that they protect the kingdom and handle security. Everyone else gives him their ideal versions of that answer.

Yami arrives and calls Magna to go with him on a mission. Asta asks to come along but Magna says that they cannot bring any kids on an adult mission. And currently now, is out in the forest training, as he tried to cast his new spell form his scroll but nothing happened sighed.

Ater: Still nothing, damn it. At this point I'm just wasting my mana.

Ater looked over to see Noelle walking up to him.

Ater: Oh, hey Noelle. Something you need.

Noelle: No, but I wanted to ask you something.

Ater: What is it?

Noelle: Why do you hate royals?

Ater didn't say anything and looked down.

Noelle: I-I'm sorry, I guess I should've been less directive with you.

Ater: I guess, you've been talking to Asta.

Noelle: Yeah.... (Blushes and looks away) I mean, not that I care you about or anything!

Ater: It's fine, I wanted to tell you after happened yesterday, but I guess this a good time as any.

Noelle: Huh?

Ater: The people that know about this is Asta, and another friend, so are you sure you wanna hear this.

Noelle looked at him surprised but then nodded at him and smiled at him.

(Timeskip)

Ater and Noelle went back to the hideout on the balcony watching the view.

Ater: Have you heard of a magic swordsman named, Arctus?

Noelle: Of course I have, he's the hero that was used to live in the Spade Kingdom, and led the magic knights to victory during the war against Spade. Everyone knows about, Arctus Hogni.

Noelle stops when she looks at Ater utterly shocked now realizing Dainsleif on his back.

Ater: Yeah, that's him. He's my father, and he and Captain Vangeance are the man I want to be as the Wizard Emperor.

 He's my father, and he and Captain Vangeance are the man I want to be as the Wizard Emperor