Chapter 2

Two.

I remeber the first time I mentioned the Xliez. My new foster parents, although they were kind, couldn't stop themselves from smiling sadly at my little imagination. They had thought it was a kind of way to cope from my father's loss. That quickly changed when there was a knock on the door after a few days.

Three-two-two

Four.

I was shattered. Since I was depressed, I didn't mention my lineage to anyone at the orphanage.

The next parents weren't so thrilled to have me for my past. Or at least, one of them wasn't, the other found me 'cute'. I guess six year olds are cute. After some months, I tried to explain the aliens to them but moments after I spoke the word, there was a knock.

Three-two-two

Seven.

I didn't understand then, why the Xliez didn't kill me with them, and I didn't understand it till I accidentally stumbled on one when I was 20.

It took me three years to actually find another home. It wasn't that I was anxious to run to different houses so that the couples living there could die. It was just that rumours had started spreading around me. About me. And the orphanage was itching to push me away.

By this time, I'd already discovered that speaking their names is equal to calling them and telling your location.

But the foster parents who took me in were insistent that I tell them about myself. Everything about myself. They didn't believe in omens or aliens and were supposedly a respected member of their society. However, every moment or so, I could hear snide remarks from their neighbours.

They were strict but whatever they said, I refused to tell them about the aliens. But...as time passed their strict behaviour turned to controlling and it wasn't long before a neighbouring child-I even forgot his name-told me that they had a reputation to scare away children back to their orphanages.

I didn't belive that. Until I had gotten back home from school, it was my first school since father's death, with bad grades. It went dirty after that. It was the firsf time my alien traits had shown themselves and that prompted them to speak the offensive and in the heat of the moment, I'd told them about Xliez. They'd laughed harshly but everything went silent after the knock.

Three-two-two

Nine.

Nine.

Nine people dead at the hands of Xliez. And I was always left behind.

I didn't go to a foster home after that. When I became self independent, I left the orphanage and started living alone at a one-room flat with a small kitchen and a bathroom. Enough for a lone person. For some time I used whatever money my parents had left behind before finding a job which gave enough money to let me live day by day.

I started my research for the Xliez then, searching through the internet-after I saved the money to buy my own phone, riffling through the books. Reading histories that may contain clues. But nothing helped until, one day, I stumbled upon a Xliez.

It was his eyes that gave him away. He quickly made them human when he caught me. But when he made an eye contact, his position relaxed and he muttered, "You're a Xliez," before sprinting off.

I starred into the mirror for long affer that. Searching for something that wasn't human. But then I saw...

It was the eyes. They were bulged by default and that cannot be changed. Even for a half-blood like me.

I woke up in an empty...prison. The walls made of metal, they reflected the light the small bulbs in the celing provided. And with that I mean all four walls. There's no door. I stood up straight, walking in a wide circle.