Chapter 7.1

I starred at the last printed page.

There's got to be something more. A little more information, perhaps? That Xliez was clearly helping the humans, so why could he not add anything more. Any more ideas, or help would be appreciated.

"Found anything yet?" A voice called from three halls away, footsteps quickly followed and she was quickly beside me, examining the documents as well like an ancient relic.

"Only that this happened ten years ago, and with the reports, this doctor Lyall-" here, I agreed with Adeera, the doctor's name was weird enough that I hate calling out his name, "-has been around in most of the headquaters, if not all. He also has one in his name, though ge does not live there-and I am calling shots on that one-on the south of the border, across my house at the maximum distance. And if one looked closely, there are rumours that the hybrid friends are currently in hiding, away from their xliez friend."

I had found-or stole, take your pick-the reports this morning. It was recent and in the hands of those aliens, so it was almost certainly reliable. I compared my noted made on both of the passages, and was sure they matched like a jigsaw puzzle.

"Where did you get this journal again?" I asked her.

Nitya simply leveled a stare down at me, I gulped, looking away. She was always a little unnerving, and at both the ways.

"Since you are so enthusiastic at taking on a headquater, which I would advice against, I am coming with you."

This time, I starred at her, wide eyed. That was not a reply I was expecting.

"T-thanks." Then I regained my resolve with a sigh from the nose. "But that won't be necessary. I can do it myself fairly easily."

"You can." She said, which lifted my spirits a great deal since I had just bragged. "If you want to baffle them with your enthusiasm and complete lack of practical knowledge on blowing something, you can." She emphasized heavily on 'practical'; my shoulders dropped. But that was the longest sentence I ever heard from Nitya so that might be called a bonus.

"You can simply say that you just want to tag along."

She rolled her eyes but said nothing, as we continued to stare at the documents and my scribbled notes on them. Books were uncommon, and papers were more so, but we had plenty if we stole them. They were more reliable than gadgets. Nobody can copy them just by hacking, they would have to be really determined to steal, and even then there is a fair chance of getting caught.

Books it was then. Even if they take up too much space.

"Have you talked to Xeron yet?"

"Nope, I am trying not to meet him before it's too late." He would probably refuse, and has a chance of stopping me more than Nitya. Seniors, they have too much sway to refuse them.

"Tell him that I approve."

I nodded in appreciation. Nitya has a good enough status here for someone like Xeron to re-think twice.

"Then I will go now." I went out of the room. My room. Or Fireheart's, who knows?

I walked down the corridors, not sure how I should approach with my question. Should I start like, Hey Mr. Kingston, can I join the event of tomorrow? Or should I be subtle? Only hinting that I want in?

I sighed in frustation, which allowed a couple of stares from people coming from or disappearing in certain sections of the walls. Poor people, they must be wondering what I am upto at this time of the day.

I continued on, ignoring their gawking. The curious ones will probably go to Nitya, since she is the only one who can keep me on my toes, other than Mr. Kingston, but she is much, much more approachable. Even if she is much, much more likely to snap.