Chapter 4 White

A week passed by and White was allowed to be admitted back to homeschool. Her condition was alright except for the fact that she needed to use crutches. This made her very upset. Obviously anyone would be upset. But White, known for her patience as thin as a tissue. Ever since she was a child she wasn't the most patient person. Ever since her parents passed, her wicked aunt contributed to her anger. The least she did was paying a million per semester at homeschool. Well, it was her parents money anyways. She mostly missed her mother compared to her father. It's probably because he was always busy. Now, she is with her friends after a long first year. Yet tragedies seem to wait for her ever since her incident.

7 am

"White! I missed you so much!." Her best friend exclaimed as they hug each other.
"Are you alright now? Anything still hurt?"
"A little bit, but I'm alright."
"What happened last time? Was it really an accident?"
"I can't really remember much of it."
"All I remember was someone stabbing me with a knife."
"It hurted like hell."

Wait. Maki thought to herself. Why does White's statement and the authorities don't seem to match up at all? Did someone plan this? How did her brother as the head of the school didn't see a outsider come in? She couldn't get a grasp of it. Why, why why. That's all she could think of. But most importantly, why would they aim for White? The only person that hated her guts was only her aunt. Perhaps her aunt did this and sent someone.

"Do you remember what they looked like?." Maki asked.
"Not really, it happened so quickly they just took the knife with them and had ran. It was such a waste, I could've fought them back, it pissed me so bad." White said whilst rolling her eyes.
"White, all that matters is that you're fine, do you know how worried we were?"
White scoffed. She was simply was just annoyed how she couldn't walk well now. And the fact that she couldn't beat up the guy.

Maki was about to ask more questions when Tibet, Nai, Phleng and Phenneung came in. They all asked if White was okay and what her condition was. Phenneung was looking at the condition chart when he noticed something. The chart said White was injected some sort of liquid to fight off some weird poison. She got stabbed yet how was there poison? Maybe it could've been from the knife's edge. In the chart it said she had consumed it.

"White, did someone poison you?." Phenneung asked.
White scoffed, "No way, I just got stabbed."
"That's odd, here it says you got an injection to fight off some poisonous enzyme in you body." Phenneung continued.
"Really? Where? Let me see."

All of them gathered to see the charts. The odd part it was true. Why would they give her such an injection if she didn't even have the infection? There were too many odd stuff around this case and they just couldn't wrap her head around it. Last year she needed her friends' help but this time, she needed her brother's. She went to his room to ask about it.

"P'Run, do you have a minute?"
"Yes, what happened?"
"I need you to help me with this case."
"Ooo what case? Is it your friend's case?"
"Well...yes."
"What do you have there?"
"I investigated the incident location and found these."
Maki showed him the bloody rope, camera as well as blood she found.
"I was wondering, did the police actually investigate here?"
"Ofc, what makes you think they didn't?". Run answered her in a shaky voice.

Maki had noticed the change in tone and facial expressions in her brother. She knew when he hid something. Those exact tone and eye contact. She still remembered the day he promised to come back and didn't. After 7 long years, he finally did. It was like he was guilty like last time. But maybe she thought too much. Maybe nothing happened.

"Maki?"
"Oh. Well I just wanted to tell you about the stuff I had found near the location. It is a bit odd how the polices didn't manage to find clues this obvious and big."
"Perhaps they missed it, humans make mistakes, after all." He said denying it.
"You're right, thanks P'Run."
He gave her a wide smile as she walked out the door.

At the garden

"Nai, are you alright?"
"Yeah, I should be the one asking you that."
"Everyone keeps on asking me, I'm super fine. I can't understand why they're so worried."
"You got stabbed."
"So? I'm healthy now."
"White."
"You're pretty."

White completely lost it. This akward air just for her boyfriend to say that.
"Hey. Don't laugh at me."
"O-okay, I won't." She says while still slightly laughing.

Tibet and Maki came to them. They gave the couple confused looks.
"Nai is so funny, I can't."
"Nai, Nai. Look, look, your sassy girlfriend laughing at your ass."
"Look at you, when are you gonna ask Maki out?"

One question and the air completely tensed up. White and Nai giving the couple a smirk. Whereas Maki and Tibet looking for topics to change it from. Admit it or not, you can definitely tell the both of them are quite the quiet couple. Well, compared to Nai and White. Balanced, I suppose for the Quadro friendship.