CHAPTER 3

You will be adorning 4 front pages in our magazine for the next month, so put some spirit into it,"Chief Tony said.

"Front pages?"

"Of course,"Alan said. "It's serial coverage about me, why expect any less?"

Wow he's so full of himself, like usual.

And that was how I ended up doing close coverage with Alan Hemmawich.

Text received -

Is your hangover ok? Take it easy later - Alan

Hey, what are you gawking at?"

"So-sorry. I never came to hotels like this....," I confessed shyly.

"Dont get lost okay?"he said, looking almost concerned.

I nodded. "I'll be careful... Umm,you have a press event with a major cooking class today. But why are you even attending a cooking class, Alan?"

"Because, I'm one of the world's most eligible bachelor, of course," he said, giving me a smug look.

'Huh? What does that have to do with..."

"They wanna give impression that believe it or not, Alan Hemmawich is a family man, I guess."

"They? Guess? So this is someone else's idea?"

"It's office policy," he shrugged. "I'm not really much of a family man."

Yeah, he does seems pretty indifferent towards family matters.

"Besides, I've got a role lined up in an upcoming primetime drama. Playing a man who juggles between family and work."

"I see, so the idea is to go ahead and start cultivating that image now."

"Alan, you're on," Pop calls out.

"See you later,"he said to me.

"Right, do your best."

In front of a big crowd, the host asked, "So I hear that you'll be playing a family man on a new primetime drama?"

"That's correct,"Alan answered.

"Now, what kind of cooking or food, do you personally enjoy Mr Alan?"

He pondered. "Hmm, I'd have to go with meats and maybe sweets. I do eat sweet stuffs but not those really sweet ones."

What? Not those really sweet ones? After eating all that strawberry jam?

I swallowed the urge to blurt that out and hastily photographed him with my digital camera.

The host handed him an apron and he wears it with a smile.

Shots of Alan in an apron could be pretty big.

Alan brandished a winning dimple smile for the flashes all around him

What a pro. Looking at him now, one could never imagine the kind of teasing looks and the way he acts around me.