8

word count: 804

He looked at me, "What do you want to know?"

"I don't know, Everything?" I gave him a little laugh

He started to smile, "Uhh, well I grew up in Kansas. I was a pretty shy kid. Then freshman year I met Sam at Band Camp and we really hit it off from there." He looked off into the street, I could tell that so many memories were flooding back to him. "Sam was also pretty shy so I guess we both wanted to change that and become more confident. There was this mall where we did random challenges like get five girls number in under 15 minutes and whoever couldn't complete the challenge had to do some sort of consequence. If you remember Vine was a pretty big thing then and everybody on Vine was posting challenges similar to what we were doing and we decided why not just film and post our challenges on Vine, and our posts to Vine changed over time, we started doing funny skits along with the challenges" He paused, "I think I have an old Vine I can show you."

Colby began to take out his phone and scroll through his photos. He Finally Tapped on one video

(Literally just imagine any old vine that they created, I'm too lazy to write a full one out lmao)

I laughed at the video, not only because it was straight-out hilarious and incredibly stupid, but because Colby and Sam were so young then, so much has changed about them since. We sat there and talked for a bit longer getting to know each other better until I felt my phone buzz. I looked at my phone there were at least a dozen messages and calls from Tara.

Tara: Where'd u go

Tara: Y/nnnnnnnn text me back plssss

Tara: r u in the bathroom?

Tara:do u need help or something?

Tara: Y/n answer my calls rn I'm starting to get worried...

Tara: Y/N I SWEAR TO GOD IF U DONT TEXT CALL OR SHOW UP IN THE NEXT FIVE MINUTES IM GOING TO MAKE A CALL TO 911 AND REPORT A KIDNAPPING

I smiled a bit as I texted Tara back

Y/n: Tara I'm fine chill out

Y/n: I'm outside the bar with colby and way more sobered up

Tara responded back

Tara: Thank God your safe y/n, and YOUR WITH COLBY???? have funn girllll both kinds, if ya know what I mean 😘😘

I felt my cheeks turn red as I responded

Y/n: TARRRRRA omg stop its not like that

Tara: whatever u say y/nnn, anyways im going to leave u guys alone so u can talk wink wink.

I laughed to myself as I looked up at Colby he was already looking at me and quickly turned his gaze. Has he been looking at me this entire time? the thought left my head as quick as it entered as Colby began to speak.

"The city lights are really beautiful sometimes"

I started to look towards the area he was looking at, and they were really pretty, it was so late at night yet L.A was so busy and full of life. I could see buildings upon buildings some may say the cities are too modern, bright, busy, loud, but I sometimes really enjoy it. I reply.

"They really are"

I sighed taking in the sight and I couldn't help but feel Colby's gaze shift toward me, I didn't turn my head but after awhile I was for sure his eyes were on my face. I could feel my cheeks turning pink so I slowly turn my head towards him and speak.

"I think we should go back inside and catch up with the others they probably are wondering where we are"

He nodded. I start to stand up and make my way to the door of the bar with Colby slowly falling behind me. I could feel him close. When we walked in the bar I could feel his hand on the small of my back, not guiding me, just keeping me close. We make our way to our friends and the commotion has pretty much died down and they were all saying their goodbyes. Me and Colby make our way to say our goodbyes too. When I finally reach Larry he whispers in my ear.

"Girl, he's in love I don't know what the fuck you did or what kind of potion you put on him but his eyes were practically bulging out of his fucking face every single time he looked at you"

I smiled as we pulled away, Larry started to make his way out of the bar, but not without giving me a little wink as he left. I wonder if what he said was just trying to get me to feel better.

(Hey guys i'm so sorry it took me like 4 weeks to post this part. I've had a bit of writers block so it may be some time before part 9 comes out, Im so so so sorry I will try to post more often. anyways byeeee <3)