I dont need protecting

Tim had just gotten back to Lucy's apartment and when he arrived Lucy was sitting at the island counter in the kitchen playing with her fingers. Lucy heard the door open and looked up to see Tim looking at her.
Lucy:Where were you! I have been sitting here for the past 36 hours not knowing if you were dead in a ditch somewhere!" Lucy said as her voice started to break.
Tim:"I'm sorry, I was going to call." Tim said back in hopes she would leave it at that.
Lucy:"Telling me you're alive isn't optional!" Lucy said holding back tears
Tim didn't respond because he didn't know what to say.
Lucy:"What were you doing that you got so caught up in to the point you managed to "forget" to tell me your okay"
Tim: "Luce I can't tell you, because if I do it will risk you with the department and I'm already in risk so I'm not going to risk you too."
Lucy:"Tim, what did you do...did you commit a crime?" Lucy asked him worriedly.
Tim:"No, well not technically."
Lucy:"And if you told me I would be complied to report it, look just tell me I won't say anything I swear!"
Tim:"Luce no, I'm not putting you at risk!" Tim said strictly
Lucy:"Fine, if you're not going to tell me you can leave!"
Without saying anything Tim just left and closed the door behind him.

Lucy started to cry and just collapsed on the couch zoned out. So many thoughts were rushing through her brain, "Was I being dramatic", "Is it my fault he left", "All he was doing was trying to protect me". She started to think to herself "But I am capable of taking care of myself, I don't need protecting".

Lucy was still crying and eventually Tamara woke up from hearing her in the living room. Tamara jumped out of bed and went out of her room to see Lucy face down on the couch crying. Tamara went over to Lucy and at on the floor in front of the couch.
Tamara:"Luce, what's wrong?" Tamara asked Lucy in a soft voice.
Lucy:"t-tim left due to a c-call in the middle of date night y-y-yesterday and he came home and we f-fought a little bit and I asked him what he was doing and he said h-he couldn't tell me because he was a-already in jeopardy with the department and if he told me I would be too. Then I wasn't t-thinking straight so I just told him if he doesn't want to put me in j-jeopardy with the department to just leave and w-without saying anything he just left."Lucy said in between sobs.
Tamara:"Luce...come here."
Lucy sat up on the couch and Tamara hugged her in hopes it would calm her down.

*The next morning*

Tim woke up to his alarm set for 6:00am, he started to get ready for work and went out to make the pancakes he makes for her and Lucy every morning and then it hit him that Lucy wasn't there all because of him. Tim got to work and went to change and then straight to role call.

*with Lucy*

Lucy woke up to her alarm set to 5:45am and got up to get ready for work. She was about to roll over to Tim but then it hit her again, Tim wasn't there all because of her. She got up and got ready and then drove to the station and got changed and went straight to role call.

*At role call*

Grey talks for a little bit and pairs people up.
Grey:"Tim ride with Thorson, Lucy you're with the detectives today. Dismissed."
Lucy smiled but inside she was worrying about Tim and what trouble he was getting into. She left the roll call room and walked over to Angela and Nyla who were already sitting at their desks. Without saying anything to them she just sits down in a chair next to theirs and starts reading the case report but before she knew it her mind started spiraling about all the things that could happen to Tim and no one would even know. She started to feel her eyes glaze over and so she ran to the bathroom and just sat there in one of the stalls. Angela was about to ask her what was wrong because she could tell something was off about her but then she was already running to the bathroom. Angela told Nyla to keep working on the case and she would go check on Lucy and find out what's wrong.

Lucy was in the bathroom stall crying and hyperventilating at the same time. Angela walked in and heard her in the stall and walked in front of it.
Angela:"Luce I know you're in there, can you please just open the door."
Lucy unlocked the door and Angela opened it to see Lucy on the floor with her head in her knees. Angela sat down on the floor in front of her.
Angela:"Luce, what's the matter?"
Lucy looks up at Angela and explains what she explained to Tamara.
Lucy:"w-what if h-he's dead in d-ditch somewhere and n-no one would e-even know. Lucy said trying to catch her breath, still crying.
Angela was a little shocked by the news at first but knew Lucy needed her right now so she focused again quickly.
Lucy:"I-I can't b-breathe."
Angela:"Luce take a deep breath, you can do it, it will help I promise you."
Angela helped Lucy catch her breath again and helped her calm down after about 20 minutes and they both went back out to their desks and all 3 of them started to work on the case.

Part 2???

I will also keep working on my other story but I wanted to have 2 different ones, I hope everyone is having a good day!