Chapter 23-Manifestation

"Alec, are you alright?" Gael said as he met him. But to his surprise, he passed him without so much as a glance and continued to advance towards Gravis. He tried to follow, but the draelings had flown up, growling at anyone who came near Alec. The baby beasts continued to advance towards Gravis, ignoring the pleas of their Draeyers to return. Just when they were about to pounce, Alec spoke.

"Please stay back."

Much to everyone's surprise, the baby draes moved away as they lowered their heads in Alec's presence and did as he asked. They remained surrounding the platform, not allowing anyone to interfere.

"Gael, I think Alec is..." Kreis started.

"How could I have not thought of this? The signs were so obvious!" Gael yelled. "Drae's shit! Everyone, move away!"

At his command, the few students and teachers near the platform ran further away, watching in confusion and wariness at the strange event happening in front of them.

Gasps filled the air, as Alec jumped. Gravis stumbled back as Alec clung to his shoulder and twisted his body around like a snake, knocking the air out of his lungs. A grunt escaped Alec's lips as his feet landed firm on the ground, throwing Gravis over his shoulder. Before he could hit the stone, Gravis used his only arm to stop his fall and flipped over to a standing position. He kept his distance, careful to stay away from the draelings at the edge of the platform. A frown appeared on his face when he realized what was happening.

"Gael, is your brat having his first full manifestation? You could've warned me that he was a Sentire!"

"I didn't know either!"

Alec's sudden appearance at his side with a raised fist caused Gravis' attention to snap away from them. He raised his arm and blocked, but winced at the impact. Alec pulled away and spun with a leg outstretched. Gravis ducked and brought his fist from under Alec. It connected with Alec's cheek, sending him sprawled across the stone floor. He lay motionless, as Gravis moved forward while wiping sweat away from his forehead.

Once there, Alec's legs shot out and snaked around Gravis' leg. He rolled over, twisting his body, bringing along the man's large limb. The professor hit the hard ground face first and yelled out as Alec's weight fell on his back. The latter's arm wrapped around his neck. Alec tugged on Gravis' neck and leg to meet on the middle of his spine, as the professor's body arched to the ground. Gravis' face turned from red, blue to purple, as he grasped Alec's hand around his neck, and tried to pry him off.

"Bloody...Blazen," he said in between his gasps for air in Alec's tight hold. Gael watched as Alec's face remained cold, his eyes growing shades even darker as he continued to keep Gravis in his hold. The look in his eyes...it was so far away like he was not even there with them.

"He couldn't be..." Gael whispered as he ran forward with urgency. But someone was faster than him. Kreis ran forward, ignoring the draelings that tried to stop him, weaving in between their forms to not hurt them. He kicked Alec off Gravis and pinned his writhing form on the ground.

"Knock him out," Kreis said as he struggled to keep Alec under his weight. Everyone fell quiet as Gael fell to his knees and held Alec's head in his hands.

Reaching for the sentiral stone hanging on his neck, he released the seal on his sentiral power. A groan escaped his lips when he was assaulted by a torrent of powerful thoughts.

HOW DARE YOU!

YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING!

HE'S NOT PATHETIC! HE'S NOT!

I'M THE ONE WHO'S PATHETIC!

I'M THE ONE WHO CAN'T DO ANYTHING!

YOU CAN INSULT ME ALL YOU WANT!

NOT HIM!

NOT MY BROTHER!

"I'm so sorry," he said with a grimace. He pressed on his temples and injected thoughts of calmness and sleep into his head. Alec stopped moving before his head lolled to the side. His eyes fluttered and Gael saw the brief moment Alec regained awareness.

Gael? What...happened? Why do...you look...sad?

Gael gritted his teeth and ran his hands over Alec's hair. "It's okay, Alec. Everything is fine."

Alec wanted to protest, but his power soon pulled him under. A moment later, he had fallen asleep.

With Alec asleep, the draelings slowly calmed down. Some ran back to their Draeyers, and some landed close to Alec, taking turns nuzzling against his face. Gael sighed in relief at the sight of his peaceful face.

Alec's anger at Gravis and the proximity of the draes must have triggered the manifestation of his powers. The first manifestation was always difficult, as it amplified the emotion that triggered it in the first place. It was amplified that it would consume the sentire to a point that they would lose reason. Which was why it was important to identify the signs of the manifestation of sentiral powers early on.

Unfortunately, out of all the recorded sentiral powers, he did not know something similar to Alec's. He thought he simply had a disposition that all draes liked. If he had known that it was actually a sign of his power, he would have carefully guided Alec to trigger his manifestation in a safer and calmer situation.

"Who in Blazen...is that kid? He tried to kill me," Gravis said as he clutched his neck and panted.

Gael's head snapped towards him. "He's my brother, that's who he is! Why—"

A firm hand held his shoulder, and he found Kreis looking at him with a calm and serious face. "Seal your power. You are being affected by Alec's thoughts, aren't you? Calm down and prioritize Alec for the moment."

Only did he remember that Alec was soaking wet, and would soon enough develop a fever due to his first manifestation of sentiral power. He reached for his sentiral stone and sealed away his ability. He glanced back at Gravis.

"I know you did not mean any harm. But, you better apologize when he wakes up."

"You know my methods, Gael. I've always apologized quickly. You know very well why none of the students that came under me graduated with any resentment towards me."

Satisfied with the answer, his mind quickly went over the list of things to do.

First, he had to call his housekeeper to prepare a warm bath for Alec. A doctor to look after him while his body adjusted to his sentiral power would be good as well. He also needed to ask someone to bring him a sentiral stone. Alec would need to conduct a sentiral sealing stone binding when he woke up.

After that, he also needed to make sure that knowledge of Alec's sentiral power would not spread. Though they did not see the full extent of it yet, being able to control draelings was enough for anyone to covet Alec's power. The headmaster's help would be needed for that.

He frowned at the people that might come to Alec if his sentiral power would become known. They would try to use him and take advantage of his powers in various ways if they knew. Gael knew those kinds of people well.

I will have their heads if they so much as come near him. This kid has been through enough. Looking down at Alec, he slowly reached out and moved his wet hair away from his face. He sighed.

He lost.

Not that he was actually fighting it, but he still lost. He was attached to this kid and completely saw him as his family. It was too quick and absolutely irrational. But it felt right.

It did not matter what Alec would think. He would just continue to treat him like the little brother he feverently wished for all those years ago.

------

Alec: What happened while I was asleep?

Me: Someone had a big realization about something. *looks at Gael*

Gael: *sporting the biggest grin possible* Something so amazing for me.

Alec: Huh?

Me: But most probably a bit blazenish for you.

Alec: *confused drae noises*