Chapter 26-Secret

After his panic attack yesterday, Alec proceeded to sleep for another day. He also did not pretend to be asleep most of the time to avoid Gael. The blanket was just too comfortable, and he certainly did not use it to hide from Gael's sincere care and concern.

Who are you kidding?

Just shut up.

"Should we be doing this in the kitchen?" Alec asked. Sitting on a stool in front of the island counter, he looked up at Gael and Kreis who sat across from him.

A clear scalenohedral crystal lay inside an ornate silver bowl filled with intricate swirling and circle designs. The setup looked like it should be sitting on top of a pillar in a temple. Seeing it laid out on the gray granite countertop just made it look out of place.

"It's fine," Gael said. "The sooner you learn to seal your powers, the quicker we can start on helping you figure out how it works."

His mood dropped a bit at the mention of his sentiral power. However, unlike yesterday it did not cause bad memories to surface and induce a silent panic attack. He did not even know that he was having a panic attack until Gael helped him out of it. Biting his lip and clenching his hands under the counter, he truly wished that what Gael said about his power was true. He hated the idea of being able to take away a drae's freedom.

"Give me your hand."

Although reluctant, Alec placed his hand on top of his. Gael enclosed his hand around his and placed it over the stone. Alec's eyes widened when Kreis gave Gael a small knife before it was poised over his fingers. He kept his silence, as his new guardian poked the tip of his middle finger until a small amount of blood welled up. He faced the finger over the gem and a drop of blood fell. The moment it hit the crystal, the red liquid sizzled and seeped into the crystal stone.

Alec's hand flew to his eyes as a bright light came from the stone. He winced at the burning sensation he received, causing him to rub his eyes. When it disappeared, he blinked numerous times till he saw the other two doing the same.

"Well," Gael said as he wiped his eye, "I did expect it to be that bright." He stepped closer to the bowl and leaned over to look. The clear scalenohedral crystal had turned into a beautiful light green color.

"I'm glad it's a success," Kreis said. He pulled out a silver necklace from his pocket. Reaching into the silver bowl, he picked up the gem and placed it in a matching hole in the necklace's pendant. With a click, the gem fell into place and Kreis pressed a glass covering over the gem. It looked fragile to one's eye, but Alec got the feeling that a lot of force would be needed for it to break. "Here, put it on." Alec received the necklace and immediately hung it around his neck.

"Now that you have your sentiral stone, what do you know about the developmental stages of a Sentire's powers?" Gael asked.

Alec raised a brow at the impromptu lecture but answered. "I heard about manifestation and amplification."

"Share what you know about the two."

"Is it necessary?"

Gael raised a brow, putting on a stern face that Alec was sure he used on his students. He had no choice but to obey.

"Manifestation is the stage where the Sentire's power awakens. It is usually a very weak stage, but the stage that poses the most danger because of the high risk of the power running wild.

"The second stage is amplification. It's the part where the Sentire has managed to raise certain aspects of their ability. For example, increased range for a Sentire with super hearing, and increased power for a Sentire of super strength."