1.9 Perception

Rasazy P.O.V.

Rasazy herself, alongside Lana and Abbie, dashed through the labyrinthine corridors of the school, their breaths coming in ragged gasps as they evaded the relentless pursuit of Miss Circle, not wanting to get butchered by her. They knew they had to reach the principal's office if they had any hope of finding a safe place to hide.

"We're almost there!" Rasazy exclaimed, her voice strained with exertion as they turned another corner.

Lana glanced over her shoulder, her heart pounding in her chest. "I can still hear Miss Circle scratching the surface of the lockers behind us. We need to move faster!"

Abbie, on the other hand, struggled to keep up, his legs aching with each step. "I don't know how much longer I can go on, guys," he panted, fear evident in his voice.

But they couldn't afford to stop. With renewed determination, they pushed forward, their destination looming ever closer. Finally, they burst into the doors of the principal's office,then Rasazy swiftly locked the door immediately, then relief flooding through them as they collapsed to the ground, their bodies trembling with exhaustion.

As they slumped against the cool marble floor, they were startled by a loud "ahem" echoing through the room. They looked up to see Miss Grace, the formidable yet silent principal of the school and Rasazy's guardian, standing amidst towering stacks of paperwork.

"Ahem," Miss Grace repeated, her voice commanding attention as she surveyed the trio with a raised eyebrow.

Rasazy scrambled to her feet, her heart racing,but she recomposed herself and said, "Miss Grace,I think we are in a predicament."

Miss Grace sighed wearily, her expression softening slightly at the sight of the three before her. "I know. Well, you've certainly caused quite a commotion in my school. But it seems you've managed to find your way to the one place where you might find sanctuary."

She gestured for them to rise, then waved her hand towards a row of plush chairs. "Come, sit. Tell me the full story, as I only heard from the other students about what happened."

As they settled into the seats, Rasazy, Lana, and Abbie recounted everything from the beginning to the end, detailing their encounters with Miss Circle and two other teachers. Miss Grace listened intently, her expression grave yet sympathetic.

When they had finished, Miss Grace leaned forward, her face neutral. "Very well. It seems we have quite the situation on our hands. But it seems I can't help you with your current predicament."

Rasazy raised her eyebrows at what Miss Grace said and replied in a questioning tone, "What do you mean you can't? You're the principal of this school; shouldn't you have the authority and power to help us, from Miss Circle? "

With that, she rose from her desk, her towering presence filling the room. "I am indeed the principal of this school, but first you must understand how this school functioned in the first place," she said in a serious tone to her voice.

She paused, her gaze sweeping over each of them in turn. "This school is not like other schools. Here the school itself is alive but not sentient, but due to its nature as a school, it values education, knowledge, and intelligence above all else and thus believes that knowledge is power, and those who possess it wield power at the cost of bearing some certain demon features."

Rasazy, Abbie, and Lana exchanged puzzled glances, unsure of what Miss Grace was getting at. "But what does that have to do with the demonic features of many students, teachers, or yourself, Miss Grace?" Lana asked, her voice tinged with confusion.