Chapter 2 | Mandy's Candy

~🕛 Sunday afternoon~
::6:12PM::

Mandy was up in her room, getting ready. For what exactly? For Chester to come over. Gosh.. this sounded so wrong to her, but it was for the project. She already announced her parents that he will be over, they oddly enough seemed to like him, I'm saying oddly because they met him on very few occasions.

Mandy was in front of her bathroom mirror, she has just finished taking a shower and she couldn't see properly through the fogginess, but it went away in just a few minutes. She was dressed in a pyjama since this will be more like a slumber party, it was simple and it was just a pink shirt and light green pants that were made out of a plush like material. The design on both pieces was candies. Now that the mirror was cleared up she went to work on her appearance.

Who thought she'd get ready for so long just to do a project with Chester? She's just a girl who has a crush, can't blame her. She took out her ponytails and thoroughly brushed her hair, she then went ahead and put on some make-up.

But just as she was putting mascara on, the doorbell rang loudly and startled her out of her focus, the mascara wand moved abruptly and left a stain under her bottom lashes.
"Oh crumbling caramels.."
She complaied while quickly wiping the mascara away as she ran downstairs.

Waiting on the other side of the door was Chester, he seemed equally as prepared for a sleepover too! He had a bag of snacks, all kinds of fun materials, and a backpack for clothes.

He looked into the ring camera while continuously pressing the doorbell button.
"Stop doing that!"
He heard a muffled, familiar voice from the other side of the door that soon opened.

"Hey Manders! Don't be so mad, I brought candies!"

She raised an eyebrow as if questioning him, there's only one condition in which she'll accept them:
"..are they sour?"

"You bet they are."

"Just come in!"
She walked out of the way so that Chester could walk in after her. He did so and closed the door behind, greeting her parents before walking after her. The first thing he could notice was how long and soft her hair seemed, he usually only saw the ponytails they're styled in! But this was awesome.

They soon reached her room and it was just how he expected. He took a moment to examine: the thematic was a pastel pink and green combo, with hot pink details here and there.
"Make yourself at home, did you bring the materials I told you to?"
Mandy turned to face him, eyeing the bag in his hand.

He seemed confused for a moment, he looked around and then pointed at himself, as if there could be anyone else in here.
"Huh? Oh yeah! Yeah yeah I got all kinds of things we can use."

Mandy went to her desk and picked up a pink box that had all kinds of stuff that could be seen inside of it, mostly paint, markers, glittery glue, and trinkets they could use to decorate the project.
"Well then, better get to work.."

~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~

They in fact, did not get to work.

~🕛~
::11:38PM;

"MANDY'S CANDY!!"
Mandy called out from the top of her bed, holding onto a candy shaped pillow as she slightly hopped up and threw the plush at Chester.

After he got his head hit by the pillow, he pretended to fall against a wall in a dramatic way. He put the back of his hand against his forehead and sighed heavily..

"Oh m'lady, didn't we almost have it all? Now I sha'll leave this world through a death caused by your very own hands!"

"One may leave this world, but one shall not be forgotten, I'll carry on to your memory, my dear knight!"

they've been fighting with pillows for the past 20 minutes, only half of the project was done, Chester was already in his pyjamas, and the materials used were all over the desk. I guess getting along so well was rare, so they made the best of it.

"Oh come on that's not even believable, I'm supposed to be the jester not the knight!"
Chester broke character first as he crossed his arms and raised an eyebrow

"What's the point of playing something you already are? You buffoon!"
Mandy commented back as Chester was very similar to his role! Just a guy who plays pranks and jokes to entertain others.

"..Touché."
Lost case, Mandy won here.
She jumped off the bed and went to pick up her candy pillow, taking it back to her bed and placing it neatly next to the other plushies and pillows, she sat down next to it.

"Speaking of which, you haven't done anything to annoy me so far.. are you planning to bomb my house or something?"
Chester's pranks weren't constant, they'd happen every now and then

He went to sit down in a bean bag that was placed just next to her bed, on the side that she was on.
"Oh come on I'm not that bad, I don't understand why you always get mad whenever I do a prank on you! I mean, look at us! Aren't we having fun?"
He shrugged as if his point was proven, Mandy just wanted answers for his behaviour towards her.

"True.. I guess so."
She smiled, oh and her smile was just so sweet. That and the sparkle in her eyes made Chester's face turn a pale shade of red, but he quickly looked to the side to stop that. Mandy's smile was genuine because she believed that this meant a stop to the pranks that have been bothering her so much.. Chester didn't get that hint though.

~980 words