Bonus chapter: To kiss your flaws

Chester has flaws.

As much as he hides them, as much as anyone hides their flaws, they're like scars exposing their story completely. Chester seems like an open book, many would assume that they know him well, but only one person has seen all his sides, and even so there are still some that she hasn't discovered..

Mandy knows, she knows that he considers his laugh to be awkward, that he dislikes the slight gap in between his front teeth, that he hates the way he can't sleep at night due to insomnia, or how hes affected by his ADHD. She knows, but she embraces all of those as a part of her boyfriend, small details that makes Chester himself.

~📍 Mandy's room ~
;;02:55AM;

They were laying down on the bed, next to eachother. Mandy has been asleep, but Chester couldn't do the same, as much as he shifted around, he couldn't fall asleep whatsoever!

In his attempts, he accidentally took most of the blanket to himself. Mandy turned to face him, half asleep taking the blanket back.
"Don't take the whole thing, Chester.."

She was back asleep, but he whispered a quick apology.. what could he do!? He looked at Mandy, then at the ceiling, then when he looked back at Mandy, she was awake, and looking back at him.
"Did I wake you up?"
He asked, hoping that he was not to blame here

She sat up, and scooted closer to Chester, he looked tired, he sounded tired too.
"It's 3 in the morning, and you're awake! Why??"
It sounded like a scolding, well.. she was half scolding half worried here.

"I can't, Manders. I've tried but, sleep wont take me into lala dreamworld!"
Even in his state he couldn't take himself seriously, what even is lala dreamland? Only he could possibly know.

Mandy furrowed her eyebrows, she was too tired to even try and figure it out, instead she laid down next to him, placing a soft kiss on his forehead
"Is there anyway I can help?"

Chester enjoyed how close she was, how comforting her warmth was
"Maybe.. Just stay close to me?"

With a nod she shifted into a more comfortable position, with her hugging him, and him hugging back. Mandy fell asleep almost instantly, and it wasn't so hard for Chester to do the same anymore.

~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~

Naturally, Mandy had her flaws too, but it was hard for her to open up about them, even to Chester.

He did know some things tho, and he only figured them out by analysing her habits. What he figured is that she has some problems when it comes to her temper, she does her nails only so she doesn't bite them, and the one he's noticed most is that she struggles with body image.

To him, she was the most beautiful in the world! He could never spot any flaws, and if they were there, to Chester they seemed like perfect details of Mandy.

~📍 Mandy's room ~
;;4PM:

Chester and Mandy have been invited to a pool party! One of the popular guys in school decided the throw a party to celebrate the end of highschool, even tho it is summer, and nearly a month passed.

Chester was sitting on the bean bag, caught up in whatever conversation he was having on the phone, while Mandy was deciding on which swimsuit is more flattering, green or pink? Tough choice.
"CHESTEEER! Do you have a moment!?"

He nearly dropped his phone when he was suddenly called over, but he stood up and made his way to the bathroom, smiling as he quickly walked in
"What is it?"

"I don't know which one to pick.. so YOU have to pick! Green or pink?"
She currently had the green one on, and she was holding up the other one, Chester took a moment to think with his artistic criticism skills.

"Well, the green one would complement your hair, and the pink one would make.. contrast?"
Boom! Problem solved! But no, this isn't exactly what Mandy wanted to know.

"It's not about colours."

Chester was lost, the two looked identical and he couldn't know what Mandy wanted to hear.
"But the colours are the only difference?"

"WELL, thegreenonehasthickermaterialwhichcoversmoreskinsomakesmelookthinnerandthepinkon-"

"PAUSE!"
Chester placed a hand on her shoulder and shook her a bit to stop her from talking, he couldn't keep up with that! Surely there was something to that, something Mandy wasn't sharing.
"What's the real problem here, Mandy?"

She took a moment and then turned towards the mirror with a sigh, Chester looked in the reflection to better understand.
"I don't think they really flatter my body, or, the other way around. Either way! I just think I don't look that good."
She looked at Chester, but he was in his own mind, debating what to say.
"Y'know, you staring doesn't help."

He snapped out of it and shook his head, waving his hands defensively.
"No no! It's just that, I think everything about you is perfect. I can't really see what you don't like, but I can assure you that you're the most beautiful girl I've ever seen!"

A small smile made its way on Mandy's face, how could she even feel down when Chester gave her all this reassurance?
He smiled brightly, thing that Mandy loved.
"From your face to your hair to your body, it's all pure beauty baby! But, overall I think green is more your colour"

Mandy turned around and cupped Chesters face, placing a kiss on his lips as a small way of showing gratitude.
"Thank you, really!"

~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~

A few minutes later, Mandy got an outfit on and they were ready to go.. She just wishes Chester didn't have shorts with ducks on them..
"Mandy, you could say I'm Ed Sheeran."

She looked at him, purely confused.
"Why?"

He grinned, she fell right in his trap!
"Well first of all, I am a redhead, and second of all, it's cause im in love with the shape of—"

"Don't even finish that.."

~1008 words