Chapter 8 | Lipstick mark

One in front of the other, they stood in the crowd of the dance floor. The music was slow like earlier, and Chester was pretty nervous despite this being his idea.
"Maybe I should've said this earlier, but I've never danced like this before."
He admitted, hoping that Mandy would guide him.

"That's fine, just follow what I do, and move with the music"
She grabbed his hands and placed them around her waist, she then placed her hands on his shoulders. Thanks to her heels, the height difference between them wasn't too dramatic.

At first it was slow steps until Chester got the hang of it.
"Y'know, I've never really gotten the hype about dancing, it's just moving to music!"
If this was anyone else but Mandy he'd probably hate it, but it wasn't that bad at all. The fact that they could also talk made everything more comfortable

"It's not the dancing itself, Chester, it's about the person you're with."
Mandy was happy with who she was with, a small smile could hint at that

Chester looked around at the other pairs dancing, wether they were friends or couples they all seemed happy, smiling at eachother, now he understands what she means.
"Hm, I've never looked at it like that!"

"You generally don't seem like the most romantic person,"

"You'd be surprised. I've been wanting to go to dances but I get nervous when it comes to confessing!"

"Awee, lil Chester has a crush on someone?"
Mandy asked in a teasing way, little did she know who that someone was..

"Yeaaahh.."

They spent the rest of the party together, this was definitely a big step for their friendship and relationship.

~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~

::00:52AM;

Like all good things, the party had to end nearly an hour after midnight. The girls got back in their group and were mostly discussing what has happened.
"Where'd you get that jacket?"

Lola asked Mandy, who didn't even realise she hasn't returned it.
"Oh I have to give it back! Long story I'll tell you after"

Now that she remembered, she went to search for Chester who also seemed to be looking for someone, someone being Fang, Edgar and Buster.
"Chester!"

He turned around and saw Mandy walking towards him, he wondered what happened.
"I forgot to give your jacket back."

"Huuh? OHHH Don't worry you can keep it, it's freezing outside I don't know how you didn't turn blue out there!"
He chuckled, nearly forgetting he even gave the jacket to Mandy.

She giggled at the sarcasm and looked at him for a second, he looked back. She smiled and went for a hug which he happily returned.
"I really had fun today. Thank you!"

Just before he could reply, a kiss was placed on his cheek that simply left him speechless. Such a simple gesture but only that got him blushing! The lipstick mark left on his face was barely visible compared to the shade of red he turned into.

"See you, goodnight!"
Mandy then broke the hug and waved as she made her way back to her friends.

"UH.. GOODNIGHT MANDY!!!!"
He replied back after finally processing. Now.. back to searching for his friends, but just as he turned around he was face to face with Fang, Edgar and Buster who looked at him with smug smiles, totally not a great sight.

"Okay I see you mister loverman!"
Buster commented first, with a proud smile.

"Dude we told you! She totally likes you. So are you guys a thing now!?"
Fang was the most curious of them all, his favourite genre of movies was definitely romantic ones, and he was most invested in the story of Chester and Mandy.

"What? No! She just felt lonely so I asked her to dance"
Chester tried to cover for himself, but what happened just now wasn't helping.
"I might or might not have been too nervous to confess.."

"You stupid ass!"

~657 words