𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐞𝐧

It wasn't even supposed to be a wine night

After the dinner party, the three women found themselves lying on the living room floor, the wine having just been what they didn't finish at the table. Everyone had left, but Maddie stayed behind 'to help clean', and by that, she meant lay head to head with the sisters finishing the large bottle of Rose.

"So we just executed this amazing lifesaving operation, on the rotating dining room! All these nurse instincts took over, it was second nature. Chimney was white-knighting this whole thing too! I love getting to watch him work. And this man- had just quasi-proposed with pearl earrings, and not even that deserves a shattered pelvis. Luckily for our life-saving and valiant services, Chim and I got the penthouse suite comped, for the whole night. It was...magical."

Zoe and Jane giggled, making suggestive noises as the older woman covered her face. "So you two got freaky in the hotel? Honestly, good for you. With Albert on your couch, I'm sure it's been difficult to sneak around." Jane mused.

"It's not that difficult," Zoe shared absentmindedly staring off into her living room.

"Wait," Jane startled, turning her head quickly towards her sister. "What am I missing here? Are you seriously having sneaky booty calls while I'm home?" Maddie burst out in giggles over this.

"Don't you have supersonic blind people hearing?" Maddie asked tipsily.

"I'm going to ignore that since you're drunk, but you should know better Miss.Former-Nurse," Jane replied. "But no, seriously, spill. I thought you hadn't gotten laid since you left Chase on the curb for trash pickup."

"I have...my ways," Zoe said evasively. The other two women egged her on, trying to get her to indulge her discretions. Jane was having a hard time picturing it, not her sister being sexually active, but her sister doing it secretly; Zoe had always been honest with her.

"It's not serious, just a no-strings-attached arrangement that works for us." Zoe was playing with the tips of her hair as she answered slightly awkwardly. "He's nice, but he does not want anything deep, just good old-fashioned sex."

"What do you have a secret handshake to, why did you say it like that?" Zoe swatted the younger girl after her sarcastic response. "How'd you meet your new boy toy."

Zoe took a second to respond. "Work. We met at work." She cleared her throat. "So I guess that means you're the only one not getting any Jane." It was Jane's turn to swat at her sister.

"No," Maddie intervened. "Buck told me you were dating again back at Christmas and that was months ago, is it not going well?" This was news to Zoe, but she very intrestedly tuned it.

"Well, going well is subjective. I met this guy at the grocery store when I got maced, and he set me up on a date with his boyfriend's brother. Unfortunately, when he heard it was a blind date, he didn't expect it to be so...literal. He kept asking all the same questions I hear every day, and when we got back to the apartment I put away my cane since I knew my way to the elevator and our doors. He then invited himself in for a beer and questioned my 'level of blindness' since I didn't need a cane and I don't 'act blind'." Jane sighed. "He was also incredibly insecure and kept calling himself ugly, which is such an ick for me. Not asking for you to be cocky, but also confidence is sexy. I've kind of put dating on the back burner since then."