12. THE RIVALRY

Author’s POV

“Sir don’t worry” Hriday ensured, driving the car, and taking a right turn.

“It’s my mistake. I shouldn’t have let her go. I shouldn’t have told her to go away from my life” Garv accused himself, hitting his head back on the seat.

“Sir please don’t blame yourself” Hriday tried making understand him, consoling him with his words.

“Whose fault it was?”Garv yelled, his hand punching the window.

The car halted in front of the hospital where they witnessed the arrival and departure of ambulances, the shifting of bodies on ventilators, and their family members crying and shrieking in misery.

My heavy legs though they rebelled moving, my willpower worked against it to make a way to the reception area of the hospital.

“Avantik...Avantika Kanwar Shaktawat” I said, trying not to panic at these circumstances.

“She is around 26. I guess someone must have arrived here in the last half an hour” Hriday added, his hand calming me placing it on my shoulder.

“Wait a minute,” The receptionist said, quickly checking the computer screen.

“Dr.Adarsh Singh is handling the case. You can meet him on the second-” My footsteps hastened without hearing her words towards the staircase as I couldn’t waste my time waiting for the lift.

Avantika, I won’t let anything happen to you. Please kuldevi maa be with her. I reached the second floor and noticed a doctor exiting the ICU, putting a stethoscope around his white coat.

“Dr.Adarsh?” I enquired, while my eyes tried looking into the ICU with a sense of concern aiming to find out about her.

“Yeah,” He responded.

“Did somebody get admitted within the last thirty to forty minutes? Her name is Avantika” I asked trying to seek details from him.

“Yeah, she met with an accident and she got severe injuries in her head and unfortunately her leg got fractured too along with some injury on her abdomen”

“Are you sure it’s Avantika?” I clarified as I can’t bear to see her in this state.

“Yes Mr.Chauhan, she is Avantika. Don’t worry, we are trying our best” and he left after assuring.

“Garv sir, how can this happen to her?” I heard Hriday speaking and I was scared enough to even head towards the room in which she was admitted but I inhaled a breath and walked, stood near the gate, and peeked into it through the circular glass of the door.

Her forehead was covered in a bandage, her right leg was in a cast, and she had IV drips inserted into her hand as she slept with her eyes closed.

It has happened because of me. I am the reason for it. I shouldn’t have allowed her to go after the argument. The option to stop her was available rather I chose to ask her to go away from my life.