16.THE LUNCH

My head got freedom from bandage a few days back and today we are visiting the hospital to get a checkup to review my leg injury

My head got freedom from bandage a few days back and today we are visiting the hospital to get a checkup to review my leg injury. Sitting on the sofa, I was busy munching my bread followed by orange juice as specified by Mr.Chauhan.

“Avantika” I heard him walking inside from the main gate as he stayed last night in the studio for the song recording of a movie song that he had signed for.

“Good morning Mr. Chauhan” I wished him, facing my eyes to take a glance only to see him taking a seat on the sofa positioned opposite of mine, his right hand removed his smartwatch from his left hand. As usual, silence prevailed in our presence.

“Good morning. I hope you had a good sleep” He expressed, grabbing a water bottle to gulp water to quench his thirst, then raised, picking up the water bottle and heading towards the kitchen only to return to dry his hands with the help of a towel.

“What have you been doing since last morning after I left?” He asked with a straight line on his lips, making himself comfortable by sitting next to me, but a little far away maintaining a boundary.

“I… I didn’t do anything special except medicines and my meals” I responded, placing the plate on the tea table.

“Where is Rani didi?” He questioned quickly, taking a look around his house, asking about his cook’s wife whom he designated work to take care of me since all three of them were occupied with official work related to recording.

“She went home just a few minutes back but she did take care of me” I responded. His cook placed the teacup in front of our sight and he thanked him.

“Mr.Chauhan, woh..” I stammered as I wanted to inform him of something that I got to know through Rani Didi.

“Ji kahiye” He asked, taking a sip from the cup.

“You know Shubham.”

“Rani didi’ son?” He asked.

“Yeah. Actually, he was here yesterday and when I talked to him, I came across that he is really ambitious. If possible, please get him admitted to a good school. I guess he is in class two.” I stated, letting my thoughts transform  into words.

“Ho jayega aur kuch?” He agreed instantly without questioning me for my words.

“Nothing” I replied and sat without uttering a word only to observe him staying silent because of my words. Mr.Chauhan it’s going to be nearly two months since you adapted this nature.

After a while, he broke the silence between us “We have an appointment at noon and I guess we have three hours left” 

“We can get the checkup tomorrow. I think you should take rest today” I suggested as his eyes were finding it challenging to remain open, as he has been sleep-deprived for more than a week.

“My work demands it. I have a habit of it” He tried convincing me of his point but I denied it.

“I will sleep as soon as we return from hospital” He declared, raising only to allot his arms the work to lift me and headed towards his room.