Chapter Two

"You're back again." I said as Jamie and Cam walked back into the coffee shop. They hadn't come in for two or three days now, not that I was counting or anything. 

"You missed me, didn't you?" Jamie asked, winking at me.

"You're bold." I stated. The owner of the shop was here today, so I had to be careful of what was happening between us. 

"Only to people who deserve it." He replied. 

"I don't know if I'd go that far." I said, laughing awkwardly. 

"So when are you going to let me take you on a date?" Jamie asked. 

"Bella? Is everything okay?" Greg, the owner, asked as he came over to the cash register to see what was happening.

"Yes Greg, everything's fine. This is Cam and Jamie." I said, introducing Greg to the two boys. 

"Oh, these are the guys?" He asked.

"So you liked us enough to tell your boss about us?" Cam asked. 

"I was not the one who said anything," I said, putting my hands in the air in surrender. 

"It was Seb." Greg said.

"Of course it was." I said, sighing a bit. 

"Seb knows what he's talking about. I like that kid." Jamie said, smirking at me. 

"I'm sure you do, you both want the same thing." I said, partially trying to see if he understood what that meant.

"Yeah, we both want you to give me your number." He responded quickly.

"No, you both want me." I corrected him. I've known Sebastian since day one of moving to Philly, I'm originally from North Bay, Ontario but I moved to Philadelphia in August of 2020 for school to go to UPenn. I got a volleyball scholarship, and my grandparents are pretty loaded so they paid for room and board while I was in school, now that I'm finishing up in a couple months I need to find an actual job. 

"Pretty presumptuous, I'd say." Jamie said, rolling his beautiful blue eyes. 

"Why's that?" I asked him.

"Of him I mean." He stated, I just stared at him looking for more of an explanation to his thinking. "To think that he has a chance when I'm in the picture." I scoffed pretty loudly, just as Jim and Hoppy, some of my favourite regulars walked in. The two of them are the sweetest old men, they're super protective of me, but we bully each other every day. 

"Are you being rude to our girl?" Jim asked Jamie as he overheard what he had said. 

"No Jim, it's okay." I said, trying to defuse whatever situation he thought was going on. 

"If he's bothering you I can take him outside that's okay." Hoppy said. 

"They're both retired FBI agents, so honestly I would be a little scared of them." I told Jamie. He laughed a little bit and turned around, holding his hand out to shake the two gentlemen's. 

"What is this?" Jim asked. 

"I would like to introduce myself, I'm Jamie. You'll see me around here. I just moved to Philly and I found this coffee shop, which I love." He said, Hoppy and Jim both looked at me with a concerning look, asking if they should trust him or not. 

"I know you two like hockey, apparently these guys play for the Flyers." I told them. 

"Jamie as in Jamie Drysdale then? You said you just moved here because you just got traded?" Jim asked. 

"I did, from the Ducks."

"This weather is a big change for you then." Hoppy said, laughing a little bit.