Chapter Three

"So, looked like you were having fun on Tuesday." Jamie said, he was leaning on the counter, just talking to Matt and I as we worked.

"It was a fun game, I will admit that. Congrats on your first Flyers goal by the way." I said, smiling at him.

"Oh dude that's great, congrats!" Matt said from in the corner.

"Thanks man!" Jamie said happily to him.

"Do you want your sweater back by the way?" I asked him as I frothed the milk for someone's latte.

"No, that's for you to keep." He smirked at me.

"You have his sweater?" Matt asked.

"She does, official Flyers gear. No one else can get their hands on it." Jamie said, he seemed very proud of himself for his flirting. "Honestly I was a little surprised you actually wore it to the game."

"That was the sweater you posted?" Matt asked, I just nodded in response. "Dude, she's snapped me pictures of her sleeping in that for the past two nights."

"Matthew!" I exclaimed from the other end of the store. I handed the customer their latte and wiped my hands on my apron before walking over to the two of them talking.

"No, don't get embarrassed, I like that." Jamie said, the smirk had grown since I last looked at him. "When's your break?"

"I already took it, I have a smoke break in twenty minutes though."

"I can wait." He replied and sat down. The twenty minutes dragged on, Jamie didn't say anything else, just sat at his table and scrolled through his phone. Once the twenty minutes were up and I looked at my watch to see 1:25 I untied my apron and went to the back room, grabbing my jacket and throwing it on. As I passed by Jamie he looked up at me, as if he knew I was there, and I nodded my head towards the door. He stood up in a hurry and put his jacket on, following me outside to the side of the building where my ashtray lie.

"Where's your buddy today?" I asked Jamie, as Cam was nowhere to be found. I pulled out my pack of cigarettes and lit one up, taking a deep inhale as I waited for his response.

"He's at home today, I wanted to make the trip alone."

"You live together?" I asked.

"Only for another couple days, just waiting until February first to move into my new place. He kindly let me stay with him until I can get my own apartment."

"So you two must be pretty good friends, huh?" I asked.

"Yeah it's not bad. I met him over the summer at a festival with my old roommate from Anaheim. So became good friends from that. Where are you from anyways?" Jamie said. I loved listening to his voice, I liked just hearing him talk, over the past couple weeks it's turned into the highlight of my day. His smile was brighter than the lights in the cafe, I'd compare it to the sun to be honest. I could get lost in his eyes, kind of like what I'm doing right now. "Earth to Bella?"

"Sorry." I said, almost flinching out of the trance he had me in, a quarter of my cigarette and burned through without me even bringing it to my lips. "What was the question?"

"I asked where you're from?" He said, stifling a laugh.

"Sorry, I'm from North Bay Ontario. Moved down here a couple years ago for school." I said, still just looking into his piercing blue eyes. They're the kind that aren't obviously blue, they're darker, but once you look at them and notice, you can't look away.

"Ontario girl, huh? So when I take you home to mama we can go see yours too." He replied. I laughed a little bit, yet again feeling the heat rise to my cheeks. He was really good at making me blush.