𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 5: 𝓛𝓾𝓬𝓲𝓯𝓮𝓻'𝓼 𝓑𝓻𝓲𝓭𝓮

Reeva's POV

Reeva's POV

Like every other morning, I get up, gasping for breath as a dark nightmare envelops me in its clutches. It promises to take me back to a reality I escaped with all my might. The past is dead, but it breathes afresh in my memory. The culprit is gone, but I still feel the mockery, betrayal, and dread. Every cell of my being knows the cost of this existence I have snatched from the chokehold of monsters who wanted nothing but my destruction. My body automatically pulls forward, trying to sit and practice the meditation routine to bury the ashes and make my throne on them.

The only difference is an arm holding me back as I am forced to stay still under its hold. Breathing heavily, I lie back down and close my eyes. I look at the veiny arm of my husband draped around my waist, not letting me move. Our legs are tangled together, and I am secured in his embrace. How did we land up so close to each other?

Before I could cook scenarios in my head and blame him for hugging me in sleep, I realized I crossed the boundary and shifted to his side in my sleep because now I was nearly sticking to his chest while the place I was sleeping in before lay there cold and bare. Shit! This would give him all the wrong signals. Seeing him stir in his sleep, I quickly close my eyes to save myself from taking the impending blame for crossing a line. I hope he just gets up and leaves so that I never have to face the brunt of my sleepy self radiating towards him.

After a dark minute of thick silence, I feel Aditya shuffle from his position. I contemplate peeking through my lashes and seeing if he's gone. Before I can react, a warm breath falls over my lips. Is he trying to take advantage of a sleeping woman?

"I didn't know my sleeping beauty preferred being kissed awake," He whispers over my lips, making my eyes fly open in milliseconds. Seeing him smirk down at me, I know pretenses don't work on devils of his kind. Leaning towards my forehead, he kisses it tenderly, as if it were his morning routine.

I silently dive into the sudden affection I am receiving from a man I hardly know. He just became my husband yesterday, before that he was just my best friend's brother. The feeling is overwhelming as it tugs at my numb heart to acknowledge him.

"Good Morning, brillo de mi vida. Thank you! I slept well in your embrace," he said, making me push past him. What sort of curses does he keep giving me in Spanish? Where is my phone? I need to google this word.

"Morning. Aren't you getting too comfortable?" I ask, narrowing my eyes. He was supposed to be distant, cold, and a stabbed lover. Oh, really Reeva? What if he knows what you are hiding?

No! That is off-limits.

"I am not a man who lives in the past when the present offers a more beneficial scope. From tomorrow, if you feel like pretending, make sure you don't remove your hand resting above my heart. It's your tell," He orders like a king before walking away to the washroom. This man surely knows how to leave me in a daze. Everything about him is so confusing. Ignoring all this I focused on my plan to survive in this house.