𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 8: 𝓘 𝓗𝓪𝓽𝓮 𝓢𝓱𝓪𝓻𝓲𝓷𝓰

Surprise Surprise! The target was completed an hour back and here we go with the update...

This might be the mildest chapter of all I guess but I sincerely hope you find it interesting. Waiting for your response with bated breaths but let me assure you after what Aditya does in this one he has a share of my heart *hehe* (Why? Because Real men would never)

Haze

Haze. Humans live in a haze of certainty until the dynamics of reality shred it. That is the moment they realize that even when all aces are in their palm they can taste the bitterness of defeat. Eva Khanna was trapped in such a situation as she heard Aditya's words. She looked at every family member one by one.

Seeing Siddarth Roy smirking openly at his son's stand for his wife filled his chest with pride. The couple might not have tied the knot under the best of circumstances but Aditya ensured that they were a team nevertheless.

Siddarth's experienced eyes had fetched the darkness looming in Reeva's eyes way before everyone else. Once upon a time, his wife was stuck in the clutches of the past too and he had become her guiding light, but what sparkles in Reeva's eyes isn't quiet misery. It's a blank nightmare that is invisible to the world but comes alive in her head every waking moment. He wished he could do something to pull her out of it but the way she looked for escape routes from relationships didn't give them a chance to read her heart. He prayed that Aditya was able to squeeze inside her shell and make her feel at home.

Riya Siddarth Roy's stern facade was irrelevant as soon as Eva's gaze landed on her hand kept above Reeva's ensuring her that the only side of the story they were willing to hear was hers. The only person they were going to offer their support to was her. Then she finally saw what was the last straw in breaking her out in a cold sweat.

Aditya's lips on Reeva's forehead while her eyes shut down in bliss. A bliss she never had. A bliss she had never seen her demand in years of her sour relationship with her. Yes, she would never admit but she knew deep inside her heart that if anyone in the world deserved that kind of warmth then it was Reeva. Her nemesis. The only woman who had survived amongst vultures and returned alive.

Then she saw what never happened before. She saw Aditya smile against her skin as he mumbled like a plea, "Brillo de mi vida, trust me." The situation stood against Reeva, every document, and every picture spoke against her but instead of her, he was pleading to be trusted. Trusted enough that even if the world stood against her he would always stand by her. That was the exact moment she knew the person being insulted today wouldn't be Reeva. Fuck. She was doomed. How did she ever make the mistake of forgetting that the bitch had their trust even before she became their daughter-in-law?

Now she knew a bigger fact than that. She made the ice-cold Aditya Roy smile. SMILE. She had never seen that man smile. It only meant one thing. She was exclusive to him.

"You are defending her despite all the proofs?" Eva asked stupidly ignoring the thumping of her heart.

"Proof? It's not like we saw her killing someone in front of us," Riya joked.