A lonely club

Next day I woke up alone. I looked at the other side of my bed and everything from last night came back to me. God it felt so weird. The worst part is that it felt right. I can't believe I took her home with me, I mean what the hell is wrong with me?

She probably felt the same way given she's not here anymore. Now I don't even know if I'm glad she's not here or if I'm mad that she's not here. After all I let my guard down for her benefit and she just kinda used me. But then I did say we would do it her way. It's my fault. I got soft and it just bit me in the ass. I made it messier than it already was. That's what you get for trying to be decent.

I decided to go about it as I would with everything else. Ignorance. Pretending like nothing happened is what I'm good at. I'm pretty sure she's gonna do the same.

It was a weird in the moment thing and my empathy and emotions clouded my judgement. Not gonna make the same mistake twice.

I went to take a shower and got dressed. I styled my hair, took my keys, my badge and gun along with my bag and drove to work. Late as usual. I walked in and sat at my desk, everyone looking at me.

"You should've been here at seven," Dave said.

"Why? What happened at seven?" I asked.

Emily chuckled, "He's saying that work starts at seven. And you're late, again."

"Oh. Then don't scare me like that again. I thought I missed something fun," I said.

"You're really something else, princess," Derek said.

"Thanks, big man. So what's the deal?" I asked.

"Looks like serial killers took vacation days," Emily said.

"Great. Even serial killers get vacation days and I don't," I sighed.

"And this is for you," Spencer said, placing a coffee on my desk.

"I'm in love with you," I said looking up at him.

"The bar is really low," Emily said.

"Yeah, well. Coffee is the way to my heart," I said.

"Did you not sleep well?" JJ asked.

Seriously?

I looked at her, "Sleep was good. Kinda cold when I woke up though."

"Not a good feeling, is it?" She asked.

To everyone else it sounded like a normal conversation. Only we knew what we were really talking about. She was hinting at how I turned on her when she literally robbed me of a job. Does she really blame me? She did that to herself.

"Not really, but I left the window open so I only got me to blame," I said.

"Maybe. But the window let fresh air in. Helped you breathe better, provided oxygen for your body. So you could stay alive," she said.

"Okay. What's going on here?" Derek asked.

"Hostile work environment. My favorite," Emily said.

"You're hostile," I said.

"Your mom is hostile," Emily said.

"And you're both children," Rossi added.

"They're also both right," Derek said.

"Thank you," Emily and I said at the same time.

Hotch emerged from his office and said, "We've got a case."

Everyone nodded and got up, everyone but me. I was too distracted with my coffee to hear him.

He sighed, "Playtime's over."