Favorite hoodie

It's been a few days since I've seen the team. I've been away consulting on a case with the cia. JJ has been good for these couple days before I left. We still haven't figured out how we should interact with each other at work so we kind of don't. We see each other after and have sleepovers.

I just got back to my apartment, it was around midnight and I was so tired. I went to take a shower and went to get something to drink before bed. When I got to the kitchen I saw Emily.

I jumped a little, "Jesus, Emily. What the hell are you doing here?"

"I could ask you the same question," she said.

"It's my apartment. I live here," I said.

"I could ask you a different question then," she said.

"Oh shut up," I got a redbull from the fridge and sat on my couch.

"I somehow may have locked my keys in my apartment and I can't get in there," she said sitting next to me.

"Emily, you're older than me. You're supposed to be the responsible one," I said.

"Oh so you're the responsible one now?" She asked.

"Yes I am," I said.

"You almost burned the kitchen at the bau last week because you forgot you left the water boiling," she said.

"Yes. And I take full responsibility for that," I said.

She chuckled, "That's not how it works."

"Says who?" I asked, "I'm going to bed. Take this. See you tomorrow," I said giving her my redbull and went to bed.

Next day we were all back at the office. Everyone was working and I went to get my coffee. I saw JJ standing in the kitchen so I came up to her.

"Hey," I said placing my hand on her shoulder.

She flinched a little, "Oh, hi."

"Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you. You okay?" I asked.

"Yeah. Just stressed a little," she said.

"What about?" I asked.

"I don't know," she shrugged, "Are you um, coming over for the new episode tonight?"

"Tonight? Isn't it tomorrow?" I asked.

"Oh, maybe," she said.

I got a feeling that she just wanted me to come. Whether it was to watch the show or not. I noticed she's a little on edge again and while it's not surprising, I hope it's not because I was gone for a few days.

"I can come tonight too," I said, "We can watch something else."

"Okay," she smiled.

I started a fresh pot of coffee and poured myself a cup. We talked for a minute longer while I drank the coffee. Unfortunately our plans had to be changed because Hotch came in letting us know that there's a case.

We all went to the round table room and sat around it. Garcia sent us over the files and presented the case.

I shot a look at JJ and noticed she was biting her lip. Something she does when she's stressed or anxious. I placed my pinky over hers and she gave me a small smile. I reciprocated and focused back on the case.

We got there and started working. Hotch, Derek and I along with Spencer went to check out the crime scenes. We drove there and examined everything. We exchanged views and went back to the car.

"Does anyone wanna hear about a book I read last night? It's exiting," Spencer said.

"Sure thing, Spence. Speak away," I said.