Secret language

Few weeks have passed. Alex and I were seeing each other more and more now. We were kind of dating. It wasn't anything official, but I think you can call it that.

Serial killers decided to take a break this week so I had plenty of free time. I was spending most of it with Emily, Alex and JJ.
I got the impression that JJ and Alex don't like each other very much, so we don't hang out all together often, but it happens.

Alex was spending the night at my place tonight. She was already asleep, but I couldn't even close my eyes. I had too much energy. I decided to wake her up. I nudged her and she opened her eyes.

"How is it that when you make a bunch of sounds in a specific order people understand you, but if you make different sounds, suddenly it's called a different language?" I asked her.

"Maya, it's three am. Just go to sleep," she said closing her eyes back shut.

I sighed and laid there for a few minutes. I took my phone and called JJ. I waited five second before she answered.

"Maya?" She said tiredly, "What's wrong?"

"Nothing's wrong, pretty girl. Did I wake you?" I asked.

"Yeah, but I'm awake so. What's up?" She asked.

"I'm really sorry. Why is it that when you make a bunch of sounds in a specific order people understand you, but if you make them in different order they suddenly don't because it's a different language?" I asked her.

She was quiet for a few seconds before she spoke, "I don't know, weird isn't it? Like who even came up with that?"

"Right? Nuts if you ask me," I said.

"Totally. Maybe we should come up with our own language," she suggested.

"How cool would that be, huh? We could talk shit about people without them knowing," I said.

"It's a date," she said.

"Perfect. Go back to sleep now, sorry for waking you again. Goodnight Jayje," I said and ended the call.

After the call ended I managed to fall asleep in less than ten minutes. Next day Alex and I decided to go to the park to get some fresh air and chill a bit. We got coffee and some donuts on our way there. We picked a bench and sat down.

"I really love this place," she said.

"You come here often?" I asked.

"Yeah, when I need to clear my head," she said.

"I listen to true crime to clear my head," I said.

She chuckled, "You don't see enough of it at work?"

I shrugged with a smile, "You watch surgeries in your time off too."

"True," she smiled and leaned her head on my shoulder.

"When can I meet your team?" She asked.

"You wanna meet them?" I asked.

"Yeah. They're important to you," she said.

"Uh, I'll think about it. It's hard to get them all in one place after hours," I said, "But you met JJ."

"Yeah, but it wasn't planned," she said.

"We have time," I said and she nodded.

"God I needed this day. Just sit here with nature," she said and my phone rang.

"Give me a sec," I said looking at my phone.

I didn't recognize the number, but I answered anyway, "Agent Prentiss."