Hide and Seek

Steven had stayed up a good few hours with Onyx who got rather panicky whenever Steven would get up from the couch. Even with Onyx's slight clinginess, he had found himself falling asleep before long.

So, why, now, was he being shaken out of such a comfy state?

"Steven, get up, it's morning!" Oh, Pearl. He grumbles, rubbing his eyes before snapping up into a sitting position. Looking around, he could not find any sign of Onyx, which quickly made him anxious. He turned his attention to Pearl, looking for the answers he sought.

"Where's Onyx?"

"Onyx? Is that one of your toys? Did you lose them somewhere?" Pearl responded, raising an eyebrow at his question.

"No, I..." He trailed off before scrunching his brows together. Did he run off? Where would he have gone? Did he...Did he scare him off? Was he too forward?

"Never mind. Could you make me food while I get ready? Please?" He asked, trying to get his mind off of it.

"You want me to make you breakfast? Oh, Steven!" Pearl said in delight before going to the kitchen to figure out what to make for him.

He got out of bed, put on some new clothes, did his morning routine in the bathroom, and sat at the kitchen counter where Pearl slid some eggs and bacon on a plate in front of him.

"Sorry it's not very extravagant..."

"No! It's fine! Thanks, Pearl." He said before digging in.

After eating he handed off his plate to Pearl and made his way outside. Almost immediately, he began to call out his new friend's name. There wasn't any response right away, but that wouldn't deter him. He continued down the beach, hollering in search of him.

Along the way he found his dad, who told him he was actually looking for one of his lost flip-flops.

Greg told him that he could help him find this strange new Gem, after Steven told him about them. He told Greg not to tell any of the Crystal Gems about this, since they may fly into a panic. His dad told him that his lips were sealed, so the secret was safe.

Greg's flip-flop was found easier than the Gem, which was a little disheartening, since Steven and his dad had searched up and down the beach. The next option was to go into town to check if they were there, but a yell from the house makes Steven give his dad his farewell before hurrying back.