it's going down

Meredith paced around the house, as she grabbed what she could for Valerie. She saw the text Valerie's father had sent her an hour ago. And knew that she should be there for her support. It must've been hard for valerie, she never questioned her about the relationship her and Anthony had, because she didn't want the poor girl to feel like she needed to relieve that experiment. But Mer knew that something was definitely abusive about their little thing.

"I should've went-" Meredith spat herself.

The truth was Meredith felt guilty hearing about Valerie's breakdown. Some of her input could have been useful to the police, i mean after all she was staying here to be away from him. As Meredith sat with guilt and complained to herself.

Meredith tried to fit as much clothes as she can, since she didn't exactly know if Valerie would be staying with her or not. As she was into her thoughts a harsh knock sounded at the door.

"Who is it?" Meredith screamed from across the house. She was not expecting company, but jumped up when she realized that could have been her son who has been answering in the last past few days. Rushing to the door nearly tripping, Meredith heart jumped with relief, finally being able to see her boy again.

"Ryland, is that you! Where just where have you been!" Meredith swung open the door but was met with no one. She rolled her eyes thinking that maybe someone was ding dong ditching her. Luckily she looked down and saw a medium sized box on the floor.

"What the..I wondering if Valerie is expecting packages?" she shrugged as she brought the box inside. Whatever it was it smelt foul. Almost as if the box was filled with road kill. She placed it on the floor near her door, looking down at the box with her hand covering her nose.

"No mailing address?"

Shaking her head Meredith went to the kitchen to wash her hands and finish packing. But her curious i just got the best of her. And more importantly she couldn't stand to bear with the smell. So either way she was getting what she wanted. She needed to look in that box.

Walking up to it she bent down hands still covering her nose. She torn apart the box with her hands, as she open it to peer inside her mouth fell slack.

This couldn't be true...this was a joke. At least that's what she thought.

It had his hair. Meredith heart dropped as she realized what she had just opened. Her son..it was her poor poor son's chopped head in a box.

"No no! Ryland..My baby...my baby-" she began to sob hysterically, it was hard for her to process what was happening. Her son...someone did this to her son..why would anyone do such a thing..

"Oh my baby! How could i let this happen to you! I've failed you! I'm sorry i'm so sorry!" her tears would stop and because of what she had just witness she failed to realize that she now had a audience in the room.

"Dang dosse i don't think she liked the gift.." anthony says saintly.

Meredith lifted her head from her arms, looking back at the two kids who basically grew up with Ryland. She wiped at her tears, looking at anthony who smiled and waved at her innocently.

"You..you..did this.."

He shook his head without hesitation, he looked as if he had been amused this whole entire time. This had been a complete joke to him. Meredith brain and body felt like it was unable for her to comprehend what she was going through.

Anthony walked up to her, smiling as he brought himself down to the woman's level. Meredith couldn't even find the words to even say to him, she felt as if her throat went dry. Anthony patted her face, mocking at her tears.