private discussions

-Flash back 5 years ago-

The night was beautiful, the air was crisps, and the stars were out. Everything was perfect, it was gonna be great night and she was so sure he'd love the surprise she had for him. She was very passionate and about her art, and the fact that she had been able to convince her husband to actually take a break and have a night out for a chance, was just perfect. She knew the night would be perfect.

She doubled checked to see if her husband had messaged her. But he didn't, neither did he call. She was starting to feel like maybe this was all a waste. It was hard trying to convince, the security guard that she's be fine on her own. Since she figured he shouldn't be sticking around when Lance gets here.

She wanted Lance all to herself, more importantly she wanted them to have at least one night to themselves before she went away for her art show in Cali. Rachael took another sip of her wine, and then looked at her phone again.

Smiling she opened her text notifications, he said he'd be running a few minutes due to some traffic.

She looked around her art studio for any flaws or trash, and then she reorganized the places of the plates on the table. Rachael didn't even dare to open the boxes of chinese food because she was so tempted to eat some of it. But refused because she didn't want to get to full for the dancing she planned to do with him later on.

A few minutes later her husband arrived. She hugged him tightly, he smelled of cigarettes, she rolled her eyes at the scent of it. Rachael was so sure, he'd seen his ex wife before he came to see her.

"Cigarettes..nothing new..huh.."

"Come on baby don't be like that.."

"Well it's hard to not be like that when you smell of you ex wife and her stanky cigarettes..wait as second..what the hell..is that lipstick on your lips?" rachael rubbed at his lips smudging the ugly lipstick off of his lips.

"Oh god the girls, honey...valerie and myra were playing around with makeup earlier they must have put some of the lipstick on me while i was asleep?"

"Why are you sleeping at your ex wife's house when you have a bed at ours?" Rachael says annoyed by that sentence.

"Honey..i'm sorry-"

"Whatever let's just fucking eat.."

Lance was pretty much always hanging around his ex wife house, even after the divorce. He made it clear that he had no interest in getting back together with valerie's mother, but Rachael never felt comfortable with her man's constants visits to that house. She knew that tramp would do anything to get Lance back in her graces.

Rachael was already starting to feel like her night was ruined but it wasn't the same for Lance. He was in completely awe, "Honey everything looks so beautiful in here.." he complimented.

"Yeah..right it's almost as if..this is your first time seeing it."

"Rachael..i know..you're upset with me and i'm sorry, i really am. But you know i'm just trying my best. The transition after the divorce has been hard, with you and valerie.."

"What are you saying Lance? Am i messing up plans or something! what eve you have to say just say it." rachael angrily shouted.

She didn't mean to but it's just everytime he brings up stuff about his divorce, she just can't contain her anger. Lance looked up from his plate placing his fork onto his unfinished plate.

"I'm just saying it's just been really difficult to handle all of this, the finances, dealing with valerie, it'll make things much easier if you would just consider the idea i brought up the other day.." he shrugged.