𝐎𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐬 𝐈 ; hello, town's sweetheart

All she heard before darkness overtakes her sight was the crackling of fire and the piercing sounds of high pitched ringing

.. All she heard before darkness overtakes her sight was the crackling of fire and the piercing sounds of high pitched ringing. She didn't get to see the aftermath of that.

The cottage stood out from the forest, burning under the full moon as the critters that had gathered to investigate let out their noises, their own way of letting out cries. The flowers that once decorated the front of her abode had been stomped on and withered, petals caught in the fire.

Mortals who had caused this had abandoned the area, relishing in the satisfaction of having gotten rid of their town's disappointment.

A pity, really.

But later forgotten, so it would not matter.

The name Morana will cease to exist.

.
.
.

Her soul wanders, a golden path presented before her. It glows a bright white light, calling out to her. She tries to take another step forward, to answer.

But the ground cracks beneath her.

A wave of heat burns her, and she lets out a scream of anguish in the dark void in the midst of the afterlife. The scream would echo, and the floor beneath her turns red.

The path fades away, and she felt gravity pull her down.

A voice tries to wake her, her consciousness awakening. She was beginning to feel again, her skin against whatever she had landed on. Her face was stained, with dirt and tears.

Weak arms would force her to sit up, a hand coming to touch her head as a the pain sinks in further to force out a groan out of her throat. She waits for it to settle, for her heart to slow down from its' hard beating.

She takes a breath, and opens her eyes to meet another's.

Theirs were red, a yellow sclera and rosy cheeks. Her grin wide as she stared back as if her being was a rare occurrence- the first time she's seen of something.

"Welcome to Hell!"