ii. reoccurring

𝐄𝐒𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐒𝐎
chapter two.
brady's pov 🌊
( noon residence ! )

"DUDE, WE went to that cafe yesterday, you seriously wanna go again? What's so good about it?" Connor sighs

"I love their coffee, Connor." I argue, "fine, you don't have to go with me, i'll just take Bails with me."

"Alright, don't be gone too long, I gotta go to apply for my lifeguard job soon and I can't if you have the damn car." Connor mumbles, and I roll my eyes.

"I'm gonna walk since I'm taking Bailey." I reply, and he nods. "Alright. See you later then."

I grab Bailey's leash, and when she sees it she darts over to me, wanting to go for a walk, I put her leash on and head in the direction of the cafe.

I would be lying if part of my interest in going back was to see if the barista from yesterday was there. She intrigued me for some reason, and I couldn't place it.

Usually if someone gets my name wrong, I immediately correct them, but with her I just couldn't bring myself to say anything. She looked so fed up with her job, and honestly I didn't wanna add to that load, especially after I saw an angry ass mother walking in with her 3 kids.

When she asked if Bradley wasn't really my name, I assumed she knew who I was and just wasn't gonna say anything, but she didn't seem to know.

But she kept looking at Connor and me. Then of course Connor had to make a mockery of me and go get something else from her.

I had a slight hope that she'd be working today so I could see her again, but I don't know her schedule or what she does outside of work.

When I walk in with Bailey, I see the same barista working the counter. Sabrina.

I walk up, and I smile at her. Who knows if she even remembers me, she probably gets hella costumers every day.

"Hi, can I get a vanilla latte? No—"

"No add-ins." She finishes my thought, smiling at me, and I nod.

"Yep. For Brady." I tell her, and she types it into the computer.

"mhm. Not Bradley." She jokes, and I laugh. "Anything else?"

"Nope, that's all." I add, and Bailey barks at Sabrina before wagging her tail. My face heats up a little. "Sorry, she usually doesn't do that.