iv. beach walks

𝐄𝐒𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐒𝐎
chapter four.
brady's pov 🌊
( noon residence ! )

"NO SHOT you invited her to the beach, Brady

"NO SHOT you invited her to the beach, Brady." Connor sighs as I explain to him that I'm hanging out with Sabrina later.

"What? Why is that so bad? Plus I didn't tell her we were going to the beach, I just asked if she wanted to hang out after her shift." I furrow my eyebrows, and he sighs.

"I don't wanna have to deal with your lovesick ass after she smiles at you once and you assume she's in love with you." He sighs, and I roll my eyes.

"I don't act like that, you asshole. She's cool, let me make a friend for once, damn." I scoff, and connor gives me a look. "What? At least I'm not already beefing with my co-worker."

He rolls his eyes now. "She's a nuisance, I'm telling you. You haven't met her, dude."

"I have, actually. She's Sabrina's best friend." I snap, and he groans.

"Of course she is. Of course your fucking girl toy is best friends with the bane of my fucking existence at work." He hits his head on the table.

"Watch your mouth, Connor. Sabrina isn't a girl toy." I spit, and he raises his hands in defense.

"Sorry, sorry. I didn't mean it like that, I'm just annoyed right now." He mumbles.

"You're fine. I guess." I reply, sitting down across from him. "Kalani doesn't seem that bad, try to be civil with her."

"I can tell you honestly, she most definitely acts different around me." He scoffs out a laugh.

"Maybe she's just into you." I point out, and he gags.

"God, I hope not." He sends me a disgusted look.

I sigh, expecting this reaction from him. "Oh, cmon. She's exactly your type, man. She's hot, you know it."

I wasn't going to deny that Kalani was conventionally attractive, but she wasn't really my type. She seems cool, but we've only spoke once, so I guess I could be wrong.

What I'm not wrong about though is the fact that her and Connor would look amazing together.

"Oh she's absolutely gorgeous, but she's just—" Connor rolls his eyes once more. "She's annoying."

"I think you're just into her." I snort, and he shoves me.

"Fuck off, go find your little barista. It's nearly 4 anyways." He scoffs, and I check the time, seeing its 3:50.