viii. mentioned.

𝐄𝐒𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐒𝐎
chapter eight.
brady's pov 🌊
( the beach ! )

"WHAT IS wrong with you, Kat?! Why would you mention Kendra, much less in front of Sabrina!" I say angrily, and she sends me a look

"I didn't mention her, you did!" She argues. "And I'd assumed you and Sabrina had kissed, so I thought you'd say her!"

I groan. "You can't assume that, Kat! We just met the other day, and either way I don't see her like that."

Kat rolls her eyes. "You don't see her that way my ass. You act exactly how you acted before you started dating Kendra, if not even more whipped."

"I know she's still your friend, but can you stop bringing it up, please?" I say harshly, and she raises her hands in a defensive manner, nodding.

"I'm sorry. I'll stop. It's just..." kat sighs. "Never mind. Go catch up with Sabrina, she's waiting for you."

"Kat, she's gonna wanna know who Kendra is. I know you still like Kendra, but I'm not explaining my history with her to Sab. Not a chance." I tell her, and she gives me a sympathetic look.

"She deserves to know about it, Brady." Kat says softly, and i huff out air in annoyance, mostly because she's right.

"I know, okay? I'll tell her... maybe. But not tonight, Kat." I mumble.

"Tell who what?" I hear Sabrina's voice behind me, and I spin around to look at her.

"It's nothing, Sab. Don't worry." I say quickly, and she nods.

"Okay, I believe you." She smiles softly. "You ready to go? If not, I may just walk home on my own."

"No, I'm ready." I say immediately. No shot in hell I'm letting her walk alone at night. "You can ride with me, Sab. You're not walking alone."

"Oh—" she swallows. "Right. Uh— okay. If you need a second to finish talking to your friends—"

"Nope. I'm ready." I say again, grabbing her hand. "Bye Kat, bye Justin. I'll see you at home, Connor."

They all say their own goodbyes to me, and Kat's seems a little more forceful, as if she wants me to tell Sabrina on the way home about Kendra.

As Sabrina and I enter my car, she sits silently next to me.

"Sab? You alright?" I ask softly, and she nods.