vii. meet the group

𝐄𝐒𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐒𝐎
chapter seven.
sabrina's pov ☕️
( the beach ! )

"BRADY!" I shout as I approach him and Connor, and he smiles

"Hi, Sab." He says softly, taking the drink I hold out to him and handing me money, which I hesitate to take, but he practically forces it into my hand.

"Sabri!!" I hear a squeal, and I turn to see my best friend. My face lights up as I see her.

"Kalani!!" I reply, my tone equally as excited as we hug.

Connor rolls his eyes at the sighing of Kalani, and Kalani discreetly calls him an asshole as we hug.

"Oh please, you're the one who thinks you boss everyone around here." He scoffs, and she rolls her eyes at him.

"I don't think that, I just boss you around to piss you off." Kalani replies, and Connor just flips her off before turning to speak to Brady without having to look at Kalani.

"He seems cool, K, why do you mess with him so much?" I ask, and she sends me a look.

"He's so— ugh. He just pisses me off. The second he stepped in here he gave me attitude." She explains, and I laugh.

"Alright, whatever you say, K." I add, and I see a group of about 5 people walking up to us. It consists of my friends, Liv, Elena, Taylor, and some random girl I've never met, and a boy who's name I believe is Carson.

"Hihi! I'm Kat." The girl smiles at Kalani and I. "I'm a friend of Connor and Brady's."

"We found her on the way over and already became friends." Liv explains. "Also why didn't you tell me you were off today?!"

"Oops." I say awkwardly.

"Anyways!" Kat claps at us. "Where's Justin?"

Everyone shrugs, unsure of where the brunette boy is at the moment. Elena was on shift, but her shift had ended and she went to find the group who was walking up, so that's how she ended up with them.

Liv works with me, Elena and Taylor worked at a sports complex nearby and were referees for soccer and volleyball.

The beach has cleared our since it closes at 4, and Justin shows up within minutes.

"Wanna sit by the fire pit? We can have a bonfire?" Kalani suggests, and Connor mumbles something about her being annoying. "Say that louder, Noon! See what happens!"

"Chill, Lani. I agree, we should do a bonfire." He answers, raising his hands in defense. She nods.

"Yeah, you better agree." She snaps, and he rolls his eyes, but we all follow Kalani down to the fire pit anyways.

Connor sets it up, and we mostly just sit around and talk for the most of the time.

"Let's play truth or dare." Kat suggests, and Justin gives her a look.